Gunsmithing MC3 STOCKS!

TeamPOI

Point of Impact
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2018
www.teampoi.com
If you haven't checked out the MC3 stocks, you need to!! These things are engineered and manufactured by McMillan, so you know you're getting top of the line! If you're in the market for a new stock, you need to check these out!

www.mc3stocks.com

Are they really, truly, not just advertising that says "The wait is over", in stock and ready to ship? If so, I've got a 300WM that needs a new home.
Since the advertising pusher guy didnt actually answer your question and the website doesnt have anything denoting stock Ill give an tenative answer via links

Looks like they are indeed shipping but several noted delays even after they were claimed to have been available. Probably best to just call mc3 directly to get an actual answer since the product delays seem to have evaporated any enthusiasm for the stock, especially after the release of the bravo

Last edited:
Since the advertising pusher guy didnt actually answer your question and the website doesnt have anything denoting stock Ill give an actual answer via links

Looks like they are indeed shipping but several noted delays even after they were claimed to have been available. Probably best to just call mc3 directly to get an actual answer since the product delays seem to have evaporated any enthusiasm for the stock, especially after the release of the bravo
doesnt help that the bravo fits big barrels and has tons of attachment points. but for a hunter only. these look solid.

Are they really, truly, not just advertising that says "The wait is over", in stock and ready to ship? If so, I've got a 300WM that needs a new home.

So what I've found out is. The only stock that is currently on backorder is the Legend short action BDL in Tan. So your 300WM can definitely have a new home!

Thanks for the update. I'm about ready to pull the trigger, but can't figure out why the carbon fiber version of the Tradition stock is 1lb heavier?

It’s not, it’s a typo on the website, I bought one when they first came out. The carbon fiber hunter model I bought was 2.9lbs which was a big let down for them advertising it being carbon fiber. Way to heavy for me. They are solid stocks and pretty much exactly like a McMillan gamescout stock but made with a different material which makes them heavy. I’ll pass and wait the long 6 months for a real McMillan or Manners

UPDATE: The stock I was looking for was listed as In Stock, so I went ahead with the order. It shipped within a day and I received it at lunch. I have to say that I much prefer this stock over the Grayboe Renegade that I removed. The texture is great and it feels like it will take more of a beating than the Grayboe material. I also like the finish more than the hydrodrip'd camo on the Grayboe. It chips and scratches at the lightest contact, even around the gun room. I have two modifications to work on before I'm able to install the barreled action. First, I need to relieve an area for the side bolt release of my 300WM Christensen Ridgeline. Then, I need to open up the barrel channel enough for the larger CF profile. All in All, I'd take MC3 over Grayboe based on initial impressions.

Attachments

• IMG_20190627_122118.jpg
    IMG_20190627_122118.jpg
    567.2 KB · Views: 161
Reactions: spife7980