• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Mcmillan sadale cheek piece.

shootster.308

Private
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2008
How do i keep the two thumb screws to stop lossen after about 6 rounds down range? the cheek piece seems to loosen then fall down. i have tried to put some bow string wax on the treads and its not working so well. maybe lock tight? thought if any one would know you guys would. thanks

Re: Mcmillan sadale cheek piece.

I do it one of two ways. If there is a chance I will want to remove the cheekpiece in the field, I stick an case under it which happens to be the exact height I need.

If it is unlikely that I will be removing it, I have a couple proper thread, trimmed to length set screws that I insert through the other set of cheekpiece holes and crank down.

Like 19Scout77, i use a rubber piece under it cut to the hieght That i need. This is just for this reason. Also, if you google the USMC M40a4 you will see that the Marines are starting to take the saddle out and going back to 100mph tape and roll mat foam.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC 0231</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, if you google the USMC M40a4 you will see that the Marines are starting to take the saddle out and going back to 100mph tape and roll mat foam. </div></div>

Like this?

495423902_QcrKz-S.jpg

The following is a re-post of a clean way I found to raise the cheekheight of my HTG--which would also work on an A4 with the Saddle removed.

There are a bunch of ways to raise the comb height on a McMillan HTG. Here is another using 2" adhesive back hook & loop and Eagle stock pack to do it. This is a really good method for those using a butt spacer set up as the hook on the cheek obviates the need to use the rear strap around the butt.

Thanks to Steve at Triad for planting the seed of using the hook and loop!.

finalrem001.jpg

cheekpiece001.jpg

cheekpiece002.jpg

cheekpiece003.jpg

cheekpiece004.jpg

cheekpiece005.jpg