• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

MDT gen1 223 mags not fitting OLD MPA BA Comp

FimRire RongLifle

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2022
Florida, USA
I picked up an old bedded MPA comp and repainted it. I have it back together and the bedding job was appropriate for my action (same action). I went to do a mag catch adjustment grabbed an MDT gen1 mag and it's drum tight and the rifle doesnt feed. If it fed i could live with it. I have 4 other newer MPA chassis, and these mags fit. I then tested a 6.5 PMAG and it fit and drops free followed by a bob sled for 308 and it inserts as expected.

I'm running 2.47x COAL and wondering if anyone has encountered this before and what other mags are suggested to examine. I doubt its the paint, it was stripped and cerakoted so not a very thick finish.

This stock had the old Comer, GA lazer etching with ARCA rail in the steel, a slightly smaller rear screw access hole, and the old oval style buttplate with tons of holes. Its not castle cut.

I meant mdt metal 223 mags should have very similar outside dimensions that they are also likely to fit since the metal mdt 308 ones do. Ordered up a couple since I don't feel like attacking the plastic ones with a sander just found it odd they fit every other mpa here.

Yeah the metal outside is the same on each, the 223 have a liner and different follower ( just bought 2). So yes’s if one fits the other will I have heard that at least on the Hawkins DBM the 223 requires a long action mag release.