• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Mdt precision bottom metal fitment question

Usmcsomerville

USMC Vet
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 21, 2017
    Brighton, MI
    Seeing if anyone can confirm an issue I am having with a mdt precision bottom metal I am using for a build.

I bought a manners pro hunter with m5 mini chassis. I received this mdt bottom metal and tried to mount the action. The bottom metal doesn’t fully contact the manners mini chassis. The bottom metal “lip” is contacting the bottom of the stock (circled in red).

I sent both the bottom metal and stock to
    Manners and they had it for a cpl weeks trying to determine if they could make it work. They even contacted mdt. In the end I decided to have them ship it back and ordered Hawkins bottom metal.

Does anyone have mdt bottom metal they can confirm has this same lip? I sent the photos to mdt and they said it’s normal, but it doesn’t look right. It has a weird step up that doesn’t flow from front to back. Any photos to compare would be great! I have seen others use this same combo which is making me question the one I have.

IMG_6847.jpeg
    IMG_6846.jpeg