• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Meopta

RipVanWizard

Private
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2010
I am looking at a Meopta Meostar R1 3-12X56 FFP to put on a .338X8mm Remington Magnum wildcat built 27 years ago by my stepmother's father(Beautiful Gun! -think-just above .340 Weatherby Magnum recoil with my 225-grain handloads).
Does this optic/line have the internals & reputation to live on my beast?
How about optical quality?

Re: Meopta

the scope is used; is currently mounted on a .300 WinMag Encore owned by my comapany's V.P. He is fed up with being beaten by the thing (no front end weight) and bought a .308 barrel for it, which he promptly had me top with a nice V-X III for him.
He is letting me have it (barrel included) for $700. Scope is immaculate. Just haven't owned one of these yet, and don't know anything about their quality...

I don't have any experience with that scope but I have been running one of there Kdots on a 3 Gun rifle and it has proven to be very rugged. Much the same as above. Great glass, good price, and very good customer service.

I run the 4-16 x 44 on a .300 win mag and also have the 7 x 50 and 6 x 42 for stalking. All are fantastic in low light, extremely rugged, hold zero and even with UK prices fantastic value for money. I don't think you'll be disappointed.