• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Meprolight M21 vs Astigmatism

Wolf22

Minuteman
Oct 13, 2006
Midwestern USA
Well, can't seem to get anyone from Meprolight to respond to my inquiries.

Anyone with an Astigmatism running an M21?

Apparently my eyes are changing and several of my optics/red dots holo's are starting to string/cluster and or sunburst a bit. Someone commented that the M21 was 'eye' friendly and am looking for confirmation from user.

Thx

Re: Meprolight M21 vs Astigmatism

Relfex sights such as the Meprolight and Trijicon series project the reticle just like an RDS. I found that with the Trijicon series, I get the same "comet tail" dot images as I did with an RDS sight with my astigmatism. Every eye is different. I would try to find one to look thru before I purchase.

One big issue with reflex sights that utilize ambient light as a source for the reticle experience huge reticle blooms in bright sunlight which make the reticle unusable for tight shots. In the last two Vickers classes I attended, several shooters had to place a rag over the light gathering window on their reflex sights to use the reticle for long shots.
YMMV

Re: Meprolight M21 vs Astigmatism

Try a Trijicon RX34 (4.5MOA dot). Trijicon's can be found at top tier AR dealers. For what it's worth, the Meprolight's reticle isn't very well accepted.

Personally, I would recommend getting an Aimpoint. The Aimpoint Pro can be found for $400.

Good luck!