Iowa City, Iowa
For those of you who watch what you eat , here's the final word on nutrition
and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting
nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than
Americans.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than
Americans.

3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

5. The Germans drink a lot of beers and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

CONCLUSION

Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.
smirk.gif

Re: Might be true...

lol it's not the food, it's the stress that will get you. been to every country on that list except china. for the most part they seem to be much less stressed out than the average American seems to be.

Americans do tend to be sedintary stress-monsters. Neither one good for the heart. Personally I have never given a care for what I eat in regards to calories/carbs/cholesterol/fat/sugars/starches/etc. I just make sure I do enough physical training to keep the pounds off and it works just fine.

My doctor told me a couple years ago that I had the heart of an Olympic athlete. Meanwhile my mom has serious heart conditions hyper-tension, and type 2 diabetes; my dad has type 2 diabetes and high cholesterol. Both of my parents are obese.

Some health conditions run in the family only because the attitude and bad habits run in the family. It's not a genetic fault.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jgunner

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jr81452</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol it's not the food, it's the stress that will get you. been to every country on that list except china. for the most part they seem to be much less stressed out than the average American seems to be. </div></div>

Good point,
I lived in Italy a few years,
much slower pace of life, much more family oriented....
cool.gif

the japanese are more ridged and intense, but overall i'd say less stressed. they generally have an ability to accept that some problems cannot be solved right now. where as we Americans tend to worry about our problems constantly, even when we know we can do nothing about it. they also seem to focus on one goal at a time, while we make "to do" lists in our minds that we know we will never complete. as a rule Americans don't know how to relax for more than a few hours at a time. even when we are going to sleep we think about all the things we need to do tomorrow or even next week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McCrazy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Doctor told me a couple years ago that I had the heart of an Olympic athlete.</div></div>

My Doc tells me the same thing.
My wife, on the other hand, says I have the heart of an old raisin.
Small
Hard
Black
Shriveled
Unmoving

Jack