Rifle Scopes millet scopes

minnpatriot

Private
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2011
USA
Hello all

I am putting together somewhat of a budget gun around $1250 for the total package and was wondering what you guys thought of millet scopes here is a link to one of them.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/millett-6-25...ge-riflesc.html

It looks like a lot of scope for the money however I dont want something that cant hold a zero and return to zero either. At this price range I need to be realistic as well. I will be mounting it on a savage 10 that is compensated in .308. Let me know what you think. Thanks to you all.

Re: millet scopes

minnpatriot I dont own one but my shooting buddy has two and I've used them since he first purchased them. They are very serviceable scope if you are realistic in your expectations. he has used the scopes upto 1000 yards and they have performed well with no tracking problems in a small test he performed on it following some instructions he took from a thread here on HIDE. As far glass quality it is acceptable for its price just dont expect to get the clarity and definition you get in top end scopes(EX. at 1000 yards trees and foliage will look mushy were in my Nightforce and IOR I can distinguish branches). He did have a problem with his first scope in that when it first arrived it came with a loose internal part perhaps a lens or O'ring which is consistent with some reviews of buyers receiving defective items either way the scope was easily replaced by Midway and the subsequent scope worked well enough that he has since purchased a second. In a nutshell they seem like a pretty nice option when starting out or on a budget long as you understand that their quality control at manufacturing seems a bit spotty. My personal opinion is if you must remain this price range then they will work if possible attempt to move up to the next tier of scopes EX. Sightron, Vortex, Nikon, Bushnell.

I traded around and ended up with that same scope. I only shot it on a 223 AR. Held up well always returned to zero. Like cuffm4615 said when you start getting out far it gets blurry. One thing good it picks up light better than my Mark4s.

I had a bad experience with the Millett LRS that included 4 warranty returns. All were for severe failure to track accurately and return to zero.

At that price point you could afford a Vortex Viper which based on my research here is a much better scope.

Call Scott at Liberty Optics. I did and he has been very helpful.

Guess I am going to try to buy a used vortex viper pst. I will save money on the scope by it being used and the warranty service of vortex is very good so if there is an issue with a scope its not a big deal I just send it in to them to get it fixed. I really like the 4-16x50 scope vortex has but its way to rich for my blood so possibly a used one will knock a couple hundred off the price of a new one.

I have a Millett BK81001(4-16x50 1/8MOA/mil) and it's acceptable at 16x. I've had two BK81008(4-16x50 0.1mil/mil) scopes and both were totally unacceptable at 16x and returned. Whatever you get, check it closely at the maximum mag and if the eye position is critical or the image milky, send it back for a refund. In the same price range, you might want to look at one of the Bushnell 3200 scopes. I have the Bushnell 325154T(5-15x40 1/4MOA/mil) now. It's not exactly what I wanted but the view at 15x is much better than the Millett.

I have the Millett 4x16 Mil-Dot on my budget .243 Howa. I like it a lot for what it is. I have stretched it out to 960 yds and it performed quite well for a $400 scope.

Its a good option to see if you want to go play with the big boys without spending loads of money only to find that you do not care for the long range stuff. It sealed the deal for me and I will be continuing my Long Range journey to go play with the big boys.

Good Luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stag15m4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the Millett 4x16 Mil-Dot on my budget .243 Howa. I like it a lot for what it is. I have stretched it out to 960 yds and it performed quite well for a $400 scope.

Its a good option to see if you want to go play with the big boys without spending loads of money only to find that you do not care for the long range stuff. It sealed the deal for me and I will be continuing my Long Range journey to go play with the big boys.

Good Luck </div></div>
This is me also...not much money and not sure if I can make it as a long range shooter. When I got into archery I didnt drop a butt-load of money in a bow, just got a nice used one and seen if I was any good at it or even if I like it.
I have a savage 12 308 win 24 bull barrel and a millett 4-16x50 and so far its been a real nice combo for me.

i bought a falcon menace 4-14 for my mauser, it holds zero pretty well. i'm still in load development so i haven't tracked it, and can't give a professional <span style="text-decoration: underline">opinion</span> on it, but i've yet to find anything to dislike about it. i'm not pimping the menace, but from a n00b p.o.v. it performs pretty well for me. and i'd recommend it to someone starting in this area.