Rifle Scopes Minimum focal length on the Bushnell 4.5-30x50 XRS?

icedragonmx

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2011
Manitoba, Canada
I am currently switching all my scopes over to a Mil/MIl FFP style and have an issue with one of the new units. How close can you get a proper focus with your XRS at 30x? at 4.5x? Seller is telling me that it has a 100 yard minimum and the reviews are showing way better than that. I have several 4.5x30 SFP 6500 elites and never had a problem getting a 25y focus. Is this a FFP issue or a warrenty item? Looking for feedback from current owners of ET45305GZ scopes.

Thanks,

Pic from today----

IcedragonmxPGWCoyote2_zpsf555333e.jpg

That's odd if you can't focus below 100 yards. It seems like the usage of such a low power like 4.5x is wasted if you can't focus on something close. I don't personally have experience with it though.

Wow that is surprisingly long. The longest minimum focal distance scope I've used so far has been my NF NXS 5.5-22x56. I was shocked I couldn't focus it at a 25 yard range at lowest power. It required about 30-35y. I have Leupold MK6s that can focus at 18x at 35 yards which I run on a .22LR. My Premier can do full 25x at 35 yards which compares to some spotting scopes but obviously I don't need.

Minimum focal distance doesn't seem to be related to scope cost, only what the intended purpose it was designed for. I've seen cheap scopes be able to focus at very short distances.

Last edited: