• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Minnesota Supreme Court “Created” Duty to Retreat From Threat of Deadly Force

Death From A Distance

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
On appeal, the Minnesota State Supreme Court on Wednesday upheld lower courts’ rulings that a man, threatened by an attacker holding a knife and declaring he wants to “slice his throat,” had a “duty to retreat if reasonably possible.” The courts state that Earley Romero Blevins, the potential victim, failed to retreat. Therefore, he has now become the criminal, facing 39 months in jail.

“Judicially Created”​

The high court admitted that this “duty to retreat” is “a judicially created element of self-defense.” It says that it therefore applies to anyone who claims he or she was acting in self-defense by pulling out a weapon instead of running from the scene.

Said the majority in the 4-2 ruling:

Like I needed another valid reason to not ever live, work, vacation, or traveled through the new state of Somalia, I mean Minnesota. People should go to the homes of those who voted for this, pull out a large knife, and announce they are coming in and that everyone inside has a duty to vacate and flee while they take what they want.

Like I needed another valid reason to not ever live, work, vacation, or traveled through the new state of Somalia, I mean Minnesota. People should go to the homes of those who voted for this, pull out a large knife, and announce they are coming in and that everyone inside has a duty to vacate and flee while they take what they want.
These are basically the exact words I would have used. Succinct.

Reactions: KYAggie
Shouldn't the criminal have the duty to retreat once presented with superior firepower?
greta-climate.gif

Hang on. If the victim pulls out a weapon and is no longer the victim, isn't the original perp now the criminal again because he didn't retreat? Basically, its a dick measuring contest to see who the criminal will be.

That would be an interesting defense.

"He came into my house. He thought I was the victim when in actuality I had decided I wasn't, and therefore had no duty to retreat. Since there is no formal definition of a victim in the as-written judicial law, it is up to the parties to decide who is the victim. I decided it wasn't me, so it is therefore his duty to retreat. Since he decided that he wasn't the victim either, there was no violation of this legal code. It was simply a dispute to predetermine who the victim may be, which is not illegal."

Last edited:
What the ever loving fu!@#$ stupidity

Actually, this is so far beyond ignorant that it forces the law of S raised to the third power; shoot, shovel, and shut up. If so invoked, it solves a lot of issues, cuts down on crime, saves a lot of money trying to prosecute the criminal not to mention house them in jail, not that they would ever end up there, I mean stealing is no big deal, that’s what we all have insurance for right, or at least that’s what I hear out of their mouths. They only have the inclination to jail tax paying law abiding citizens, they can’t be bothered with career criminals. So S, S, and S up is all they are left with.

Reactions: wvfarrier