F T/R Competition Minnesotan wants to shoot F class

slayer_21420

Minuteman
Jan 5, 2009
Stanchfield, MN
Hi all, I'm wondering if there are any F class shooters here in MN that wouldn't mind showing me the ropes. I'm in no way new to long range shooting, just new to the serious competitive side of it.

I'm very near GRRC in Harris (though haven't been there) and am only about 45 min away from Elk River.

Steve

You could try over at accurateshooter.com. I was hooked up with two different shooters that taught me a lot last summer. They actually have a thread to link members up that can answer questions. F-Class: Share the Love...
I never thought twice about the thread title, but I just read the exploits of the mall ninja, gecko 45 or what ever the names were, kinda think its funny now
I was new to mid and long range as of Jan 2012 it has been fun new hobby for me.

Elk River Sportsmans Club has a Monday night league that begins in early April. It's open to members and non members. If you are not a member, you must attend a orientation session and shoot an equipment evaluation session. Then you can come out and shoot. I think there is between 20-30 guys out there every week that are great and would be willing to help you out learn the ropes.

Search for the Elk River Sportsmans Club's website and they should be updating the schedules soon.

We will have our annual wind clinic and shoot on the 12th and 13th of April that is open to the public. Great time and you will have a chance to talk equipment and get involved with the 600 yard matches if you want. Our spring/summer matches on Monday night get started shortly after that. There are more F-class shooters of both disciplines at ERSC than the rest of the state combined, so you will be able to shoot with a bunch of great guys and gals that are really into F-class over some of the other high power disciplines. Everyone wants to do well, but we are all supportive of each other and will help in any way possible.

Bad part about getting started in this is that all my extra cash seems to go into new equipment and rifles now. BTW...there are about 8 of us who are jarheads, which is always a good thing :)