• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Minox MD80 ZR20-60 w/MRS-2 Reticle?

RRP II

Private
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2011
Maryland, Baltimore
Looking for some feed back on this spotting scope. I like all the spec. But a little nervous about spending $1800 on one without hearing some real world experience and not able to see one in the flesh.

The first two photos are 650m to 20x and 60x, the other two are at 6km always at 20x and at 60x. It is built all in aluminum also the knobs, at 1700meters you see the holes of the 375 CheyTac on the plate.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1541350152653.jpg
    FB_IMG_1541350152653.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 413
  • FB_IMG_1541350160948.jpg
    FB_IMG_1541350160948.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 412
  • FB_IMG_1541350168081.jpg
    FB_IMG_1541350168081.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 424
  • FB_IMG_1541350173644.jpg
    FB_IMG_1541350173644.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 429
Got to use one up here in Alaska one day, end of the Summer. Excellent optic for sure, reticle wasn’t too busy and glass was very crisp. I own a Swaro STR-80 and if I hadn’t already gone face-down in the Austrian Kool-aid... I’d bought the Minox instead. Would have saved me about $2K. Maybe Lowlight could chime in if he see this- it was at one of his classes and he spent time on it and has a much deeper pool of experience to draw from.

I ended up ordering the Minox MD80 ZR 20-60. Got it yesterday and I am very impressed with the over all build quality. It is built like a tank and is heavy. The glass is outstanding from my very limited viewing, I have not had it out in the field yet. But so far I am very happy with the investment.

I’m very interested in your thoughts, or anyone’s that has one. Please update this post as you use it some.

This spotter has my attention, as I want a retivled spotter but want better glass than the Bushnell. The price point, being some 5 times more expensive d

Thread resurrection. Anyone else have any experience with this spotter? Compare it to others? I'm looking to get one while the 50% deal is still going on, just looking for some more user input on them, not much out there on them.

Last edited:
I've spent some time behind the MD60ZR and quite like it. Great glass, great reticle. One strange thing, and it took some digging to find out, was that it's manufactured in China. I was pretty surprised by that.

Reactions: jda2631
I can't find anything that say's it manufactured in China. Looks like Germany to me.

minox-label.jpg

Just noticed the above was referencing the MD 60 ZR so I'm not sure if it's different, but this is my MD 80 ZR.

This has become beating a dead horse. Here is the deal, its a 2200 spotter. Its german glass from a high-end company. You can see a sporting clay at 1 mile. You would be hard-pressed to hit said sporting clay. It will see better than you can. If you get a coupon, you are getting the best deal on a spotter that you can buy, new, by far. Nothing else will compare anywhere close to the price. I think i got mine for like 1130 delivered.

This was on opticstrade.eu

Maybe it isn't correct?

Link:

Minox MD 80 ZR Specifications
ManufacturerMinox
Spotting Scope SeriesMinox MD
Made inChina
In production since2015
Warranty2 years
SKU62231
Variable magnificationYes

Last edited:
This has become beating a dead horse. Here is the deal, its a 2200 spotter. Its german glass from a high-end company. You can see a sporting clay at 1 mile. You would be hard-pressed to hit said sporting clay. It will see better than you can. If you get a coupon, you are getting the best deal on a spotter that you can buy, new, by far. Nothing else will compare anywhere close to the price. I think i got mine for like 1130 delivered.

I've never seen the two compared directly.