• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Mk II stock to short ?

AquaMan

Private
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2006
NC
I've read on different forums that some folks are claiming that the stock on a MKII is to short and just plain cheap. I'm concerned because I don't want to have to get a new stock right out of the gate.

I've narrowed my choices in 22lr to the Savage MKII TRR-SR and the CZ 452 varment with the Savage getting the nod so far. The Cz 452 varment after checking is being replaced by the 455. I really like the 452 but have not seen much on the 455.

I have a Savage 308 with the accu-trigger and thought the MKII would be a good training rifle. Should I forget the Savage and get the CZ 452 If I can find one?

Re: Mk II stock to short ?

My Savage TR stock is almost exactly the same as my McM A3 in terms of length of pull, position of the grip with relation to the trigger, etc.

The forend is several inches shorter, but behind the rifle it feels very similar.

Re: Mk II stock to short ?

I wanted a MKII but also something a little different. I chose to go with the Wallis Forge stock made by Chris Wallis. I love it. Feels just like her big brother now. Nothing wrong with the Boyds tacticool. Like I said I just wanted something a little different. Prolly got a extra 100 or so in my MKII vs buying the TR. Can't go wrong with a Savage rimfire though. They all shoot. Good luck!