• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

MK12 Rifle fans might wanna check out this suppressor mount...

jzerfoss

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2019
WV and VA
Otter Creek Labs finally put out their OCM/AEM HUB Reflex adapter. Let's you use most if not all HUB mount suppressors on rifles setup for OCM5/AEM5 suppressors. If you want one you might wanna hurry up there's only 28 left. Here's the link https://ottercreeklabs.com/product/ops-ae-oc-hub-reflex-adapter/
Screenshot_20240829_170705_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Dogtown
I'm not going to lie, I don't get it...

Not even remotely close to aesthetically replicating an AEM5 for clone use, and marginal (if any) performance gains over your suppressor in its "normal" setup. All for $200.

I don't understand why anyone would buy this over an OCM5?

Not even remotely close to aesthetically replicating an AEM5 for clone use, and marginal (if any) performance gains over your suppressor in its "normal" setup. All for $200.

If you wanna make a mk12 style rifle with a caliber larger than .224 but don't want a 2lb AE can. If you wanna use one of those new fancy high flow suppressors on a mk12. I'm doing an updated xm-3 style build with the OCM taper and threads machined into the barrel and this mount and probably use my DDC Enticer S Ti.

There's a lot of uses for this mount. $200 for an all titanium mount this intricate isn't bad at all. According to Andrew there is a mild performance bump in sound at the muzzle and ear with slightly less backpressure.

Last edited:
Btw, this mount quite obviously wasn't designed to make a clone can but to give people options with rifles setup for that style mount.

I think the easier solution here is to just get a different mount, rather than spending $200 on this contraption.

Anyways, to each their own. I still don't really get it. But I didn't mean to muck up your thread, so I will show myself the door now.

You can buy it for the cost of a tax stamp alone and use a can you already have vs paying way more and waiting for the government to grant you the privilege to possess it. $200 is less than a lot of HUB mounting systems out there too.

I see them selling a lot of these. If I still had a MK12 upper I’d buy one.

You can buy it for the cost of a tax stamp alone and use a can you already have vs paying way more and waiting for the government to grant you the privilege to possess it. $200 is less than a lot of HUB mounting systems out there too.

I see them selling a lot of these. If I still had a MK12 upper I’d buy one.

Unless this is specifically for a OPS 3rd model, changing the brake is half the price and less likely to have massive baffle strikes.

I think the easier solution here is to just get a different mount, rather than spending $200 on this contraption.

Anyways, to each their own. I still don't really get it. But I didn't mean to muck up your thread, so I will show myself the door now.
I can kind of see it as an option for people that have the clone correct mount but not the clone correct suppressor. Their rifle can be clone correct when unsuppressed and still have the option to suppress it without having to shell out for the clone correct suppressor. I wanted a Mark 12, both because I like clones and wanted a precision AR, so this would have had a certain appeal to me.

Reactions: kthomas