Modifying My Charlie Tarac

Gluv

Private
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2017
I have decided to do a very simple modification to my Charlie to allow on the fly adjustments ,in my case upto 125 mil ,but you can set it to anything really. I have made a fill in piece as seen in the picture which will be engraved with five lines for the different elevations. No more faffing about for me ! It will be very precise to adjust as it uses the existing adjustment screw and the engraved lines will work exactly as on a vernier so will be very repeatable ? I will post more pics when it's finished as I can only engrave one line per day at work

Gluv??
IMG_0616.JPG

I use the the retical in the scope to do the measuring. Look through the scope with your turrets set on my zero ,note the measurement down , dial in 25 mil , note the measurement down off surveying staff. Once you have the 25 mil measurement, return turrets back to zero. All I do then is attach the charlie,adjust its screw until it reaches the exact same measurement on the staff, check a few times to verify.
When I am happy with the dialled range, I will then in my case ,use an engraving tool in the mil and mark the first position off. It's just a simple case of using the measurements off the staff to engrave the other positions.
Once I have all the positions , I may well get my friend to make a few on his cnc .

Gluv ??

Tacoma have released their adjustable model, I think it costs about £800 more than the original .I thought I would give this a go .
We machined the 25 and 50 mil lines in tonight, I'm quite pleased, even without painting the lines in for contrast I still managed to get the adjustment repeatable to two clicks on the scope 0.2 mils? A bit of paint and a magnifying glass for my eyes and we should really be in business

Gluv ??
IMG_0617.JPG

Reactions: spife7980 and THEIS
Hi,

Nice modification @Gluv
--------------------------------------------------
Wasn't TacomHQ working on an adjustable model a couple years ago?
I am pretty sure I saw something about Jon Geib (sp) with JJRock say something about testing one.
Maybe @Rudy Gonsior can ask Jon to verify if I am loosing my mind or not, lol.

Sincerely,
Theis

Yes they do. Looking at the site I see several options I didn’t see last time I was looking

Only $600 for the micro Charlie....wow that’s a deal

Hey guys, full disclosure, I'm the military/SOF SME for TACOMHQ. We're currently perfecting our turret model. The MK8 will have 8 individually zeroed settings on the turret and will give adjustment up to about 250 mil.
-and yes, there's a lite version on the way as well.
I really enjoy seeing stuff like this, OP! If Glock is any example, I guess its a good sign that you're doing well as a company when people come up with aftermarket components for your product.
As the one who sets and calibrates about 99% of the optics we make, I can believe your device would be repeatable to within about .2 or .3 mil.
If you want your offset perfect, I'd recommend dialing to your mark, tightening the 3 bolts to finger tight, checking zero, then repeating the process until it's perfect. At that point torque the bolts to 60 inch lbs and smack some steel!

For those of you without the wherewithal to build one of these gadgets, I'd recommend resetting your Charlie with your reticle, as its the easiest way to do it, regardless of distance from target object. I was able to teach Sniper School students how in about 5 mins.
Been thinking about doing a how-to video on how to field reset a Charlie. Would that help anyone?

Hey guys, full disclosure, I'm the military/SOF SME for TACOMHQ. We're currently perfecting our turret model. The MK8 will have 8 individually zeroed settings on the turret and will give adjustment up to about 250 mil.
I really enjoy seeing stuff like this, OP! If Glock is any example, I guess its a good sign that you're doing well as a company when people come up with aftermarket components for your product.
As the one who sets and calibrates about 99% of the optics we make, I can believe your device would be repeatable to within about .2 or .3 mil.
If you want your offset perfect, I'd recommend dialing to your mark, tightening the 3 bolts to finger tight, checking zero, then repeating the process until it's perfect. At that point torque the bolts to 60 inch lbs and smack some steel!

For those of you without the wherewithal to build one of these gadgets, I'd recommend resetting your Charlie with your reticle, as its the easiest way to do it, regardless of distance from target object. I was able to teach Sniper School students how in about 5 mins.
Been thinking about doing a how-to video on how to field reset a Charlie. Would that help anyone?
We love videos!

Reactions: Steel head

What kind of discount do you have for military/ vet's/ hide members. I'm building my 375 cheytec improved and am looking at the Charlie Tarac to put on whichever scope I decide to put on it.

What kind of discount do you have for military/ vet's/ hide members. I'm building my 375 cheytec improved and am looking at the Charlie Tarac to put on whichever scope I decide to put on it.

As far as MIL/LE/Vets, we offer a 10% discount ON TOP OF sale prices. All that's required is an agency ID or DD214 during checkout.
No discounts for hide members, though we're planning a group buy.. anyone interested?

Reactions: LawnMM and cperazza
Yes. How many people you need to participate and which model? The latest Charlie?

I'm the military guy, not the sales director, so I can't give you a definitive answer on those exact questions, but we are hashing that out.

We're a small and relatively new company, so we'll have to figure out the best way to invoice a group order as this is our first rodeo with such a thing. Give us a little time to get it situated and I'll have a pretty unbeatable discount for you guys.

I'm the military guy, not the sales director, so I can't give you a definitive answer on those exact questions, but we are hashing that out.

We're a small and relatively new company, so we'll have to figure out the best way to invoice a group order as this is our first rodeo with such a thing. Give us a little time to get it situated and I'll have a pretty unbeatable discount for you guys.
?