• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

MoneyPitArms Matrix Thumb Wheel ball and spring

steve724

Private
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2024
SFV
I bought a matrix from a friend . I wasn't aware of the brilliant way they designed the cheekpiece removal for cleaning . I cannot find any diagrams or videos on how or where to place said ball and spring . Money pit Arms solution is to buy a $20 cheek riser collar set and then give them another $10 for shipping . Woody at MPA doesn't answer the phone . Ed's in Alaska hunting moose for three weeks . I can run it without them , but I'd just like to know how to make it run "as designed" . Thanks I appreciate any help

Reactions: Cody S
I bought a matrix from a friend . I wasn't aware of the brilliant way they designed the cheekpiece removal for cleaning . I cannot find any diagrams or videos on how or where to place said ball and spring.

I had the same issue. I just removed it and got lock collars like you mentioned.

Money pit Arms solution is to buy a $20 cheek riser collar set and then give them another $10 for shipping . Woody at MPA doesn't answer the phone . Ed's in Alaska hunting moose for three weeks . I can run it without them , but I'd just like to know how to make it run "as designed" . Thanks I appreciate any help

Save yourself some money and buy the collars off McMaster. Shipping isn't cheap, but I just get a long list of things I need to it doesn't sting as much.

I'm almost 100% sure the MPA uses the 5/16 diameter. $1.82 each

Reactions: camocorvette
There is a set screw under the cheek peice, remove it and the spring. Set the wheel in, drop the ball, spring then set screw. I think there are some vids online but I can take a pic if u need me to.

I tried that with a spare ball and spring I picked up. Got mine used and it was missing. The hole with the set screw was too small for the ball.

Tagging in.. Been tempted to sell my OG BA Comp but i lost the god damned little balls taking the cheek riser off and adjusting LOP myself and haven't taken the time to figure out how to replace and fix it... Just been using it with set screws tightened ever since.

Something else that can be done if you didn't want to buy the collars and I have done on a few of mine is just take the adjuster out of it's slot and put it on the other side as a stop. I put some electric tape around the rod behind it so it just bottoms where I need it and it just stays there when I pop the check or butt off for cleaning. I have some of the collars on other stocks that I want to cut weight in the rear and take out the whole middle screw adjustment. Both work.

IMG_4362(1).jpg

Reactions: Mark_Dorman
I had the same issue. I just removed it and got lock collars like you mentioned.

Save yourself some money and buy the collars off McMaster. Shipping isn't cheap, but I just get a long list of things I need to it doesn't sting as much.

I'm almost 100% sure the MPA uses the 5/16 diameter. $1.82 each
What I did. I removed the threaded post from cheekpiece, also. Simple stop collars like this poster mentioned is what I did, I just use 1 on front post. It just needs to be there to provide "memory" for reassemble after cleaning.

Reactions: Mark_Dorman