• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Mounting a Remington 40x .22lr in an AICS

OnyxSkyDV

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2009
Guys, I have seen that a few people have mounted the Rem 40x into the AICS stock, and from what I read, while the 40xb is better than just a 40x, it sounds as though either will work.

I am hoping to get an 40x here soon, and I would like to do the same for a trainer, and would like to hear from those who have done it what issues if any I will run into. (Specifically putting the 40x not the xb into the AICS.)

I'd like to avoid modifying the AICS at all, as I plan on building up a .260 over time, and eventually swapping that into the AICS.

I appreciate any and all help or info you can provide.

Thanks all!

Onyx

Re: Mounting a Remington 40x .22lr in an AICS

From what I have heard someone correct me if I am wrong, the 40x .22lr with std barrel where made with 721 action while the 40x .22lr with heavy barrel where made with the 700 action. If that is true then you would probably want to get the heavy barrel version to get the 700 action thus minimizing alterations needed on the aics stock. I am waiting for my 40x heavy barrel .22lr to put in an aics stock as well. Others feel free to chime in.

Hope this helps,

Gene

Only issue I have had with AICS and both Stiller Predator action and 40X Rimfire was when I added Jewell triggers.. they hung a little on one side and needed a little file work.. just a little mind you..

RJ

A jewell wont shine at above 6oz's - many triggers will be nice around that pull.
Which is about as low as I like varmint/target rifles.
But if the game is BR then a Jewell set at 1.5-2oz will out class all except
Kelby and Anschutz.
There are some nice 2 stage triggers out now.
I think that is the route I'm taking with one of the CMP 40's I have along
with the AICS.
I was gonna look at the airsoft lookalike that was in another post.