• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

(MOVED) GAP Non-Typical

giveemshell2

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2017
Use case: Mammoth primary focus and PRS as a secondary training goal.

I’m looking at some custom 700s. There are some AIs floating around in 6.5 as well. Also the traditional Impact + Chassis + other stuff for the pretty standard 2500$~ DIY rifle.

Regarding the Non Typical, I know it’s primarily a hunting setup, but I’m also not wanting to hump a 20 pound Mk22 around for three days if I can help it. Is the typical heavy sporter/Sendero ish contour going to last at all under a 6.5 PRC load? I’ve really only shot 308 and 556 traditionally so this is (besides a 6.5 Creed) my first experience in to barrel burner rounds. I love the BC and everything of the round, just need someone to tell me an M24 contour isn’t necessary to go miss a bunch with a nice rifle.

TLDR Gap has some nice ready to ships. How heavy and are the lighter barrels ok?

Well, since you posted this here in the pit, we must remind you of the other requirements for that round:

IMG_6709.png