• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

MPA 2 Round Holder and Arca Rail

fvalmostthere

Private
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2014
Just received my mpa competition chassis that came with an mpa 2 round holder. I installed the holder on the furthest slot back on the forend and believe I installed it correctly. Once installed my bipod on a rrs hc pro mount slides back and hits the holder. Has anyone else ran into this problem? Solutions outside of removing or cutting the 2 round holder?

Just received my mpa competition chassis that came with an mpa 2 round holder. I installed the holder on the furthest slot back on the forend and believe I installed it correctly. Once installed my bipod on a rrs hc pro mount slides back and hits the holder. Has anyone else ran into this problem? Solutions outside of removing or cutting the 2 round holder?
5802891D-965C-4931-B76A-68CBD503A94E.jpeg
This is how I believe they are supposed to be installed. Works well for me so far.

Reactions: Alan101
If it uses the same attachment point as their data card (I think it does), you have to crank down on it pretty hard to spread the metal and squeeze it against the chassis. It took me a couple tries, but solid once I got it.

View attachment 7020182This is how I believe they are supposed to be installed. Works well for me so far.
That's exactly how I have it on my rifle, works perfectly...

OP: it took me a good 10 minutes to figure out how to properly get it installed, just have patience with it and experiment with different "lug depths" and you'll be ok... BTW, make sure you have it angled properly (so that if you look at it from the top, the tip of the rounds is closer to the chassis than the head of the case.

That's exactly how I have it on my rifle, works perfectly...

OP: it took me a good 10 minutes to figure out how to properly get it installed, just have patience with it and experiment with different "lug depths" and you'll be ok... BTW, make sure you have it angled properly (so that if you look at it from the top, the tip of the rounds is closer to the chassis than the head of the case.
Maybe i'll try again I have the SAP 2 round holder on there now...