MPA BA - Can a AW mag be used

MMH

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2013
Just bought a MPA BA PMR Pro Rifle II. I knew it came w/ a AICS mag. Everything I read on the Coup de Grace action indicates that it does better w/ the AW. Also, on the MPA chassis spec it indicates that the BA chassis can be set up for AICS or AW. What would it take to convert to a AW mag? Is there any real advantage?

I may be wrong and if I am, I'm sure someone will give the correct answer. Both mags are physically the same size. So both should fit in the mag well. The action needs to be machined for AW mags. The mag latch will need to be adjusted accordingly because ACIS/AW mags lock at different depths. As far as picking one over the other, that's personal choice. The AW is a double stack and would be shorter than an ACIS. The way I understand it, you can use ACIS mags on an AW cut action but not the other way around.

Last edited:
just a latch to my knowledge should have you set, as that action is ready to go with either magazine, but it really depends on what mpa did inside the stock.
the advantage lies in AW mags being shorter and easier to load, plus they feel great when cycling the action.

Last edited: