• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

MPA BA Chassis vs MPA Hybrid

TIMMYTOY

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2018
MPA Ba chassis vs mba hybrid for hunting? Beside the weight difference.
Caliber 223 Rem action with 20 inch Excalibur barrel.

Tried to find pic of hybrid next to a ba cannot find wondering where they cut the difference of weight?
Mostly in the stock adjustments? Or less structural support in the complete stock ?

I think it’s in the adjustments and a ton in the forend. It’s thin and a lot of cuts and holes. I’ll take a pic of the bottom of mine.

I haven't actually measured everything on mine, but they have thinned the wall thicknesses in lots of spots and removed the thumbwheels. I think I'm going to like having the lighter option, as I ended up hunting with a comp setup last year.

I have an ultralight on order for a 9-10 lb option with the ergo's I'm already used to. Once I get everything in hand and sorted out I plan a big write up of the system.

Reactions: KPK
Here’s a couple pics. Idk how a comp looks but....

Ive had both and one thing about the hybrid is that I keep my cheek piece up pretty high so I cant remove the bolt. I have to get out an Allen key to lower the cheek then I can remove the bolt. I like to take my bolt out when I case it, and obviously when cleaning so that's one more time consuming step. Best case go with the hybrid folder if you can find one. Also with the comp there is rail in front of the scope for clip ons. I dont have any NV or need for this so I don't miss it.

Hybrid is shorter and doesnt have NV bridge.
Thinner and more holes cut.
No wheel for tool-less adjusting the cheek and butt plate.

But same other than those 3 main differences.

And new versions of both BA Comp and Hybrid have Ambidextrous action cuts for RH or LH bolts....and the BA Comp no longer has the Castle Cut in the magwell

Reactions: Individual1
Done.

Swift Creek Rifles
22" Bartlein 7.5t Heavy Palma
Kelbly's Atlas Tactical Action
TriggerTech Special Traditional Curved
MPA BA Hybrid Chassis
ARC Low Rings
Mark 6 3-18 TMR
Atlas Bipod
14.0lbs

Anybody know if there's an accessory for the mag release; my index finger doesn't quite reach and I noticed two holes?
57057859_314301685910192_3712702281943089152_n.jpg

Last edited:
I replaced all of the allen screws in the stock of the hybrid with thumb screws, I like it much better now. Having those studs was about the damn dumbest idea of all time, but it did at least differentiate somewhat between the models. The hybrid with a weight kit I prefer to the BA Comp.

You know the saying "dress for the job you want"?

I'm in California so I can't get a suppressor until I leave but I ordered my MPA Hybrid with the SR folding stock that will hold a can. I got a TBAC suppressor mount brake too.

I have both. Love the comp for well competition then the hybrid just for hunting. The comp just feels sturdy as can be.

Attachments

• F8D3D078-5440-484A-BBEE-C84CC011613E.jpeg
    F8D3D078-5440-484A-BBEE-C84CC011613E.jpeg
    597.5 KB · Views: 224