• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

MPA Enhanced Vertical Grip on AR15/AR10?

avastcosmicarena

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2018
Has anyone here tried to put an MPA EVG on their AR10 or AR15? Any fitment issues? Pros/cons?

I use the Ergo grips now and like them a lot, but curious about trying a vertical grip out.

AA76C66F-EED9-4532-88CF-AA14712EAF78.jpeg

I dig it. Have a few lefties. And added their lefty shelf on my wife’s molded righty. Had to drill an extra hole for the rear takedown pin spring. As that’s how the large frame lower was designed. Righty is molded plastic. Lefty is CNC machined with honeycomb-like voids.

Reactions: avastcosmicarena
I currently use the Magpul K2+ grips on my AR's, but I'm thinking about trying the Ergo zero angle grips. Haven't seen one in person yet, but they look like they might fit my large hands better.

Got one on my outfield blaster.
20190502_155812.jpg

The vertical angle is cool and all, but the real benefit is the trigger finger alignment thingamajig and the thumbrest.

Cons are having to drill for the safety detent, inherently weak design that will snap right off if you try to carry a 13lb gun with it, and having to grind off and re-contour the big ugly corner above the backstrap if you care about aesthetics.

Last edited:
@AK4900PA Thanks for the tip on the new Ergo Zero Angle grip, just ordered one to try out. I have been happy with the Hogue AR 15/16 15 degree g10 grip as it was the most vertical grip at the time. I have a square / compact style so the new Ergo Zero angle grip looks promising.

Rasyad