• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Gunsmithing Muzzle Brake?

Re: Muzzle Brake?

I have used and installed badger FTE, badger thruster, vias,schrewd, ops inc. and R&D RAD brake. All of them work well but I really like the RAD brake the best. It is easy to install and remove and you dont need any special contour on your barrel. I will be using this brake for all future builds. I find it to be just as effective as the larger FTE brake. My 30-06 launches 208gr bullets at 2750 and I do not notice the recoil. You can find them in the commercial vendor section.

I have been very pleased with the Benchmark Barrels "Muscle Breaks". They are available in multiple sizes and work great.

I just installed the large version on my 280AI and the recoil is VERY manageable. I put 65 rounds through it yesterday and my shoulder feels just like a day with my 6mm's. Very effective.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They all work well. I'd recommend the thruster or little bastard. </div></div>

Me too. I have had no issues with the Hollands, and they work very well. JP also works well, but not everyone likes the bold look on the end of their barrel.

I've been around a lot of brakes. All seem to mitigate recoil well. The little bastard works great, and is the MOST obnoxious one I've experienced. Nothing like your partner blowing spent Varget into your sinuses at 250mph!

Mine doesn't have a cool name or look very flashy compared to most, but it does work and I can guarantee beyond any doubt the ports are clocked exactly 3/9, 2/10, and 4/8 in relation to the receiver. It's also contoured to your barrel so that its a seamless transition.

Good luck on your quest.

C.

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

Muscle Brake hands down the only brake I will use, does a good job with recoil but the best part is zero concussion to the shooter or spotter and the sound is not as harsh as others.