• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

My 2010 goal!

marku

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2008
Illinois
My goal is to take my 7mm-300wsm to a mile

Ive to the place to shoot it, the scope for the adjustment and a damn accurate load and gun for it. My target will be a 5ft x 5ft wooden pallet stapled with cardboard and white butchers paper stapled to it.

Now ive got to get my Horus PDA and Kestral 4500 ordered

Re: My 2010 goal!

The question is, where is your range in IL and can I share it with you?
smile.gif

Its not a range however is a river bottom thats planted several thousand acres in one area thats got levis all around in it. Its really safe and I always shoot downwards. My brother in law farms it. Its a safe area were alot of his family and friends shoot. Unfortuatly I cannot say you can go thats not my place. Im not far from you I live just North of Springfield I bet youve drive by it its right off 55 North just before Sherman IL.

Well send me a PM and let me know if you're willing to invite me out there! I'd love to bring out my .308 and see what it can do (not at a mile, though!)

Sounds like you have a nice "range" for yourself. I have a similar setup. It's an old gravel/sandpit. I don't have the range you do, but I can get about 700 yards out of it. My goal is to push to a grand. I have just started reloading for my .300 win mag, and hope to have my load reports soon.

Good luck and be safe. I too want to know your reports when you do it....YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

The .223 will go the 1000 but after about 900 its anyones guess. I shot 3 consecutive groups at 900 and 1000. Day and night 13in groups at 900 with 7mph crosswind and 18in at 1000. hope you have better luck

Don't be afraid to push your .308 I have rem 700 SA also. Gun is factory besides the stock and it shot a 15in. 5 shot group at 1240 yards in Dec. Luckily I have access to land with unlimited range mostly wheat fields.

The .308 is effective well passed the 915m the USMC gives it credit for. A friend of mine shot my m40a5 using the M118LR ammo at 1275m and hit steel 9 of 10 shots. Human sized targets were utilized