• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

My new build idea, input please.

Strangedays

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Feb 27, 2009
    Tacoma Washington
    So far this is what I have in mind for my new build.
    I am going to use Seekins Upper, Lower and Rail for the foundation.
    Magpul UBR for the stock.
    DPMS Lower parts kit
    Magpul MIAD pistol grip
    DD FA BCG or BCM in IONBOND finish, would like input on this.
    KNS pins
    WOA 16” match barrel w/ matching bolt
    BCM charging handle
    Vltor low profile gas block
    Troy DOA sights

What do you guys think? Any input would be highly appreciated.

Re: My new build idea, input please.

Sounds like a pretty nasty build! Love it all minus the DPMS lower parts kit (sorry not a DPMS fan). Not sure what type of trigger you want (#3 #4 and on), but I'd get quality mil spec components to finsih this great setup.

show us pics! the matched seekins will really make this rifle stand out.

regards,

Kinnamon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M24kinnamon_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like a pretty nasty build! Love it all minus the DPMS lower parts kit (sorry not a DPMS fan). Not sure what type of trigger you want (#3 #4 and on), but I'd get quality mil spec components to finsih this great setup.

show us pics! the matched seekins will really make this rifle stand out.

regards,

Kinnamon </div></div>
    What lower kit would you use? DPMS said it was all mil spec. I was planning on switching to a NM two stage trigger later after everything was finished. Glen at Seekins told me that Spikes has a great kit with everything but couldn't find it. Also what break should I get? (want to reduce muzzle climb and kill flash)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HomelessRDP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When did Seekins release his uppers </div></div>
    Not until next week or so.