• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Photos My new R Bros Rifles 338 Lapua

Jim the Plumber

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Got to handle my new 338 Lapua built by TMR/ JLR AKA R Bros Rifles.
Very very nice! Pictures don't do it Justice.
Phoenix action, Seekins bottom metal, mag, rail and lug. Jewell trigger, Manners T2A stock, Rock M-24 fluted 9.3 twist, Defensive Edge brake, desert digital camo.
Enjoy
m8ph6b.jpg

2lc45m8.jpg

10755ky.jpg

A little classy whiskey in a classy glass,
Well root beer in a jar, ha ha ha that's for C.F. on the Hide
29n9m52.jpg

Re: My new R Bros Rifles 338 Lapua

i think you got screwed on that one there, the bolt handle is on the wrong side, might want to get that checked out. id be willing to give you 100 bucks for it, and you can keep the brass.

but seriously, thats a beautiful rifle. i really like the fluting on the barrel and the bolt.

I think Seekins has a base with notch on the bottom for that portion of the recoil lug to recess in
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 051F</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is that the new way to install recoil lugs?
splain? </div></div>

Barrel is finished at 27" and USMC7980 is correct, Seekins base has a little notch in the bottom to tie into the lug. The base should be here any day now and I imagine JTP will have this thing throwing lead before the weekend sets in....and probably before the base gets here, LOL.

i took my rem 700 to the range before i even had a base or a scope. i got lots of funny looks when i did too. one guy asked me what the hell i was doing, and i just said "i couldnt wait, had to get her on the range."

Guys,
JLR is correct. On a typical Remington base, there is a built in recoil lug that holds the base against the front of the ejection port. On full round receivers, there is nothing for the base to butt against...Seekins being crafty, came up with this idea. The base locks into the recoil lug for a very stout setup.

The lefty bolt was a little different to work with...Phoenix Machine made the receiver to my specs specially for JTP.

Is that the Phoenix RR receiver with Seekins mag recess? Please excuse my ignorance but which vendors currently make full round bases for these types of receivers? Besides Seekins that is...

That is a great setup. What brand of recoil lug is that? And how long was the wait on the Phoenix receiver?

Thanks much!