• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

My trainer is finally done (mag pics added)

Dirtracer151

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2009
Prescott AZ
Guess what showed up today finally??? My McMillan A5 for my Sako Quad WOOOHHOOOOO! I love it!! My trainer is finally done!!! The inleting is nice and tight! I can't wait till the stock for my 700 shows up now!! These things are super solid!! Heres the specs

.22lr Lilja match barrel
McM A5 %75 OD and %25 Blk, Sniper fill, flush cups on left side
Larry Gish Trigger
Rimfire Tech T/G
Rimfire Tech 20moa base
Rimfire Tech Tactical bolt handle
Falcon Menace FFP mil/mil 4-14x44
Seekins 30mm rings
*heres the confusing one that im sure is making you guys scratch your heads:D *
For realistic training purposes *cough cough*
laugh.gif
I took an 10rnd M1A mag and cut the feed lips off... i then notched the front of the mag so that my finger could reach inside to hit the release button. I took one of my 10rnd sako mags and made some shims to center the M1a mag out under the stock and epoxied the shims and M1A mag over it. Yes its just for looks... no i dont care if you think its a lame overkill mod. I LIKE IT AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS!!! I have 4 other mags i'll leave stock and use for my primary shooting needs

PC260131.jpg

CIMG0432.jpg

CIMG0433.jpg

CIMG0435.jpg

Requested Mag Pics
CIMG0445.jpg

CIMG0443.jpg

Heres the front inserted into the gun. You can see how much room there is the hit the release
CIMG0441.jpg

Re: My trainer is finally done

That is one of the nicest trainers I have seen yet.I like the mag idea...also had me saying WTF??? when i saw it.I actually would have built mine on a quad if I could have found one...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SINGLE.SHOT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the A5 stock, very nice very clean. how does the added weight of the M1a mag, or does it, affect the mag release mechanism. Looks cool

kt </div></div>

It doesn't seem to affect the release mechanism. The release button is actually back inside the mag. I had to notch the front of the M1a mag so my finger will be able the hit the release. We will see if the weight affects the feeding but the mag is gutted so its not that heavy. I'll post some pics of the inside of the mag tomorrow

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bioyatexas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You should pose it next to your "real" rifle for comparison.
Now that would be cool.. </div></div>

Im not understanding what your saying

"Real" rifle??? Are you saying this is photo shopped?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bioyatexas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Noooo, not photo shopped dude. You said its your Trainer, I wanna see the rifle your training for.. Very nice job by the way!! </div></div>

Lol gotcha... the "real" rifle is being built right now. I'll get a side by side when im done with it. For now im shooting a POF 308

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WICKEDFISH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some people have all the money and toys. That is a nice looking stick </div></div>

My girl friend thinks im a broke ass... she just doesn't know why
grin.gif

What height are you rings and are they high enough to move the scope foward to completly clear the magnification ring?

Great looking stick. May have to go with that color combo some day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Me likey. Let's see how she does at the next match. </div></div>

Oh the preasure!!!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MG-70</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks awesome! Let's see a pic of the top of the mag shell/coupler. </div></div>

Pics at the top of page

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtRacer151</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WICKEDFISH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some people have all the money and toys. That is a nice looking stick </div></div>

My girl friend thinks im a broke ass... she just doesn't know why
grin.gif
</div></div>

I'm with you on that.... All the girls I've ever dated think I'm totally broke and I laugh cause I spend my money on my real loves....
cool.gif

But that's why I keep them at girlfriends, cause they won't understand like you guys do!
crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNIPER-2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice stick. How long did it take 2 get the stock from MM? </div></div>

I was quoted 4 months but it only took 3

Re: My trainer is finally done (mag pics added)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtRacer151</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes its just for looks... no i dont care if you think its a lame overkill mod. I LIKE IT AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS!!!</div></div>

Oh YES Brother, I'm with you on that!! Looks effing fantastic. I wish I had the SKILL and the time (not to mention the money!). If I did, I would do just exactly what you did.

That's awesome man! Love it!

Neil

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Paduan Learner</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtRacer151</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes its just for looks... no i dont care if you think its a lame overkill mod. I LIKE IT AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS!!!</div></div>

Oh YES Brother, I'm with you on that!! Looks effing fantastic. I wish I had the SKILL and the time (not to mention the money!). If I did, I would do just exactly what you did.

That's awesome man! Love it!

Neil </div></div>

haha thanks man. Im pretty proud of my mag mod! It just makes the gun look so much less like a plinker!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lythropus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a nice trainer, with a trainer that nice it makes me wonder what the #1 stick looks like... </div></div>

Its being built right now. Surgeon action and a Premier 5-25. Should be enough to get me away from the .22 for a little while hopefully lol.... nahhhh i love 22 to much!!