My TRG-22

edpmedic

Private
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2002
Baldwin NY....Long Island
Finally picked it up and just ordered a Warne Base for it.
DogandRiflerest187.jpg

DogandRiflerest192.jpg

DogandRiflerest189.jpg

Re: My TRG-22

I was afraid of the bipod being to loose without someway to tighten up on the cant ability. When your behind it. It actually stays where you set it and being so close to the bore line makes it very stable.
I tried the AI with the Parker Hale system and the TRG really is better. Can't wait to get the base and throw a scope on it. Hope to try it at a F-class match Sunday if the base gets in and I get ammo set up. Will only be out to 600yds but it is a start.

6.5x47L? Great idea BUT..........

From personal experience, I would not rebarrel a TRG-22 to 6.5x47L again.

Firstly, single round feeding (F-Class) is a PITA because the 139/140 pills tip the short case down in front to jam below the chamber mouth.

Secondly, I and another TRG shooter had trouble with severe primer cratering and occasional pierced primers when running 139s at only 2800fps.

The work-arounds are, use your pinky to chamber the round and have the firing pin hole bushed.

I rechambered to .260 Rem.

Get behind one and you'll soon know for yourself. It is a sweet ride. I have one just like the op with Badger rail and a NF 8-32NXS and with the exception of the AI, in my opinion, no other factory rifle comes close.

AG in NC

Good question, Walsh...

For me, it is the "Goldilocks" rifle...better cheekweld than my old TIS, lighter than the GAP Rock (with better ergos's), waaaay lighter than my AI AE, and (for me, once again, better ergo's). Not too heavy, not too light, great magazine, great trigger, great stock, ok wieght, nice safety, good sling positions.
Hacked the bbl to 20", threaded it for a can, now I just surf the "Firearms for sale" forum for information/entertainment.
I likee, if you cannot tell!
Thank you,

Jordan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Walsh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the big deal with this rifle...</div></div>

Quality everywhere. I can't find a cheap component on it. In comparison, I also have a Steyr Pro Hunter. Nice barrel and vaunted SBS system. But the rest is "Tupperware" cost-cutting.

The TRG has a solid "thick" feel when you're behind it. I like! And that also costs $$.

Nik

With a scope finally and Warne 20moa Base. 5.5-22x56nsx mildot
It was asked whats so great about this rifle. Now that I have shot it I can tell you EVERYTHING...
People are right you really need to get behind it and though I have only shot it to 100 yds. With 190 SMK's 175 SMK's and 190 VLD bergers this rifle shot if I did the right thing.

[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/LTHOMER175/BBpictures001.jpg

BBpictures002.jpg

BBpictures003.jpg

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...342#Post1437342

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hammerhead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">6.5x47L? Great idea BUT..........

From personal experience, I would not rebarrel a TRG-22 to 6.5x47L again.

Firstly, single round feeding (F-Class) is a PITA because the 139/140 pills tip the short case down in front to jam below the chamber mouth.

Secondly, I and another TRG shooter had trouble with severe primer cratering and occasional pierced primers when running 139s at only 2800fps.

The work-arounds are, use your pinky to chamber the round and have the firing pin hole bushed.

I rechambered to .260 Rem. </div></div>

I'm considering to rebarrel my TRG-22 to either 6.5x47L or 260 Rem. If I understand you right, you got the 260 Rem to feed, and not the 6.5x47L because the 6.5x47 is shorter? Any experience with 260 Rem AI?

Nice rifle, epdmedic! I haven't tried anything that I wanted more than mine since I got it. Maybe a DSR-1 but that's totally different pricebracket, and that's mostly because of the barrelchange-system
wink.gif

/ Peter

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Walsh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the big deal with this rifle, don't get me wrong, I'd love to have one, but it seems as if this rifle is just the bees knees on this site? </div></div>

In my opinion: It is the most accurate factory rifle out-of-the-box money can buy. The extras are pricy, but well made and retain their value. The triggers on the TRGs are very hard to beat.

I think what is happenning here, is your in the heart of ROLL TIDE central. sometimes it takes you guys a bit longer to grasp these things.
smile.gif

War Eagle. See you in about 2 weeks. We are ready to get our asses handed to us yes...

I have a friend that has a 260AI setup but not on a TRG and the thing shoots half if not just below 3/4 moa. I know because I usually paste the target in the pits for him. He might drop 3 points at 600yds and maybe 7 points at 1K on a bad day. Don't want to mention his name and give him a big head.

Resistent

Feeding from the magazine was always smooth and trouble free with the 6.5x47L, the .260 Rem., and the .260AI.

Single round feed, as in F-Class comps, was where I had problems with the shorter round tipping and this always happened if I closed the bolt slower than normal - not a problem with .308 or .260.

The TRG bolt is built to generous military tolerances and these by necessity are looser than those in a custom bolt. The result for you and me is if you run high pressures, as in a fast 6.5x47L, you will blow primers sooner rather than later. My take, if you want to run a 6.5x47L fast, go custom. If you want to do it with a TRG, bush the firing pin hole or run it slow (2750fps)

Thanks, Hammerhead and epdmedic. Much appreciated. I don't compete in F-class (for the moment at least) but every now and then there is single round feed element in the competitions i shoot. And pierced primers is never fun... I'll might give 260 Rem AI a try.