Need binoculars and a range finder. What brand?

Duckhuntextreme

Private
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2010
North East USA
I want a set of compact, light weight, quality binoculars that can be abused for my patrol bag. What brands, models, and magnifications should I look towards? Want to keep it under 100.

Looking for a set of binoculars and or a spoting scope for the range.

What range finder do you use and why? I want one that can be abused and keep on working. Are there any that dont need batteries? I want one that works out to 7-900 yards since that is where I want to eventually get to with a bolt action.

For now I shoot my pistol out to 50-75 yards. I am working to get my pistol shooting out to 100 yards. I get tired of walking down to check my target every few shots and I dont want to be a pain to the guys that just use binoculars. Binocular or shooting scope and why?

How far can I see hits on a shoot and see?

Re: Need binoculars and a range finder. What brand?

You will find nothing decent for under $100 in the way of binos.

Save up and buy some Leica Geovid's and kill two birds with one stone. Do it right or do it twice. You won't look back.

I would have to agree, save up and do it right the first time. If you need both binoc and rangefinder, get a combo, but they are expensive. Leica Geovid is nice, my preference would be Zeiss, but they are both great.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2049006#Post2049006

These Bushnell's seem to be getting really good reviews. I tried them, made in Japan, glass is very good, ranges fast. A little heavy and bulky for me but if funds are an issue, this is the way to go. If money is not an object, the Leica Geovids are probably one of the best out there as far as bino/rangefinder combo.

I went the cheap route and got this combo set from Cabela's:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Bushnell1...=bushnell+combo

It's definitely not the best but they're pretty good for the price. Overall I'm more than satisfied considering the price.

I've got a pair of the Bushnell Legend 8x26 compact camo binos that I really like. Waterproof, fog proof, nice compact size, and a clear image in the Legend glass. I don't know what they go for retail, I would guess in the $100 range. I got them from our local Bushnell Factory Outlet for around $80.

I can only speak to range finders.
I've used the Bushnell 1200 ARC range finder for a couple of years for archery, shooting and golf. Very versitle, compact, and accurate. Fits easily in my cargo pocket. It does take batteries, but they last a full season.

http://www.bushnell.com/products/rangefinders/legend-1200-arc/

IMO combining range finder and binos is costly and when one fails, you are replacing both. Flip side is separate gives you 2 things to carry and fumble with

Spot on about the "you get what you pay for" comment.

I don't know of a quality pair of binos for under 100. 300 seems to be the floor of acceptable. I know this sounds snooty, but I got snooty after wasting money on binos that cost 100.