Need guidance on a rifle case for a 52.5" gun

AustinTXMarine

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2009
Salt Lake City, UT
Don't know if this is the right forum, but since this is the 1000+ ELR forum, I figure more people here have the knowledge I need on finding a case for a very long gun.

Trying to find a case for the following:
AICS 338LM chassis with a 31" total barrel length (including the brake). Is is a 2.0 chassis so I can get total length down to 44", but then the thickness pushes out to nearly 5". Without folding, total length is 52.5".

SKB, Pelican, other? I have done a ton of research, but want to hear what you have had the best luck with before I drop the cash. Also, who is the best to buy from and work with?

I could go either way on folding or not folding, but if I do fold it, it ends up taking out many of the 5-6" thick cases. I also have other accessories, like magazines, scope, bipod that would need to fit in the case.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Re: Need guidance on a rifle case for a 52.5" gun

Try this one from Cabela's ..... it is 52" long so maybe your rifle will fit on an angle. I think this is the one a guy that has an Edge with a 30" barrel plus brake had to get to fit his rifle.

Cabelas Rifle Case

I too had such a problem, ended up finding a Zebo fishing rod case which works great. Its not a Pelican but it is better than a soft case or nothing.

I believe the Pelican 1770 is what you're looking for.

Exterior
57.42" x 18.48" x 11.23"
(145.8 x 46.9 x 28.5 cm)

Interior (which should let you store it folded or unfolded.) A big ass case for sure...but a solid piece of gear.
54.58" x 15.58" x 8.63"
(138.6 x 39.6 x 21.9 cm)

I'm looking to get one to store a 49" AR15 and a 51" AR10. I can't find anything big enough to store them both side by side no matter if they are taken down or not...so I need something long and thick because I plan to case them broken down and "sideways" compared to how most store a rifle. This may even leave potential to hold another upper or two as well as mags and suppressors.

I have 2 storms (that get most of my use), and a cabella's that is designed for black powder it slightly longer than the storms, and built like a tank too.

JeffVN