• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Need help building budget 6mm ARC

charliebrown1999

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2018
My budget is $1100 for this 6 mm ARC rifle. I want a threaded 22 inch or longer barrel with a diameter of at least .740 just before the threads, a 3 lug action with a 70 degree or less bolt lift, an adjustable trigger no more than 3.5 lbs and a decent stock. I have looked at Howa BA and Brownell tells me the 22 inch bbl measures .574. Also Howa's action is 90 degrees. Aero precision Solus bolt is not as yet made to fit .441 inch case head. Ruger American Gen ii has a 22 inch bbl predator model that meets most of my requirements except for the stock. KRG makes a special Bravo for the Ruger with AI mags. Boyd makes an AI Ruger kit with bottom metal in aluminum for at least one of the thumbhole stocks. If any one has experience with that conversion please give me a heads up.
any has hands on experience with that set up I would appreciate a reply. If any has knowledge and experience with any other barreled actions or rifles that might work for me I would appreciate a reply. Thank you for any response.

Wait and get the Solus, out of the options listed. They’re supposed to be out sometime soon. Howa’s are junk and so are Ruger Americans. I’ve had all 3 over the years.

Wait and get the Solus, out of the options listed. They’re supposed to be out sometime soon. Howa’s are junk and so are Ruger Americans. I’ve had all 3 over the years.
Thank you. I appreciate your advice and I think you are right. I am 83 and have comorbidities that diminishing my physical abilities with time. I can wait a while but not to long.

Reactions: FuhQ
Thank you. I appreciate your advice and I think you are right. I am 83 and have comorbidities that diminishing my physical abilities with time. I can wait a while but not to long.
I would contact Aero and tell them your story and tell them that if they can tell you, you're infested to know a rough ETA for when the ARC/Grendel/7.62x39/PPC bolt face will be available for purchase. I'd be interested to know, as well. I'm also waiting on Aero to drop the Solus Obsidian long action with the magnum/PRC bolt face for my 7 PRC build.