• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

NEED HELP TO VALUE RIFLE

studog51

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2008
los angles ca
Hi
i have a U.S. remington 03 A3 24 inch barrel 30-06 caliber serial number 338xxxx
with a weaver scope v8 power sporterized stock looking to figure out a general value
of it .
thanks, dave

Re: NEED HELP TO VALUE RIFLE

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Depending how well the "sporterizing" was done.
Too bad it was drilled and <span style="font-weight: bold">bolt bent</span>, otherwise it could be put back. Probably $300-500. </div></div>

umm, pretty sure 03A3's already have the bolt bent??
confused.gif

But it is too bad about the drilled reciever. $300-$500 is probably pretty close depending on how well the conversion was done. Did Bubba get to it, or does it look professional?

Only the 03a4 Sniper originally had a factory bent bolt. Many of these were very nicely sporterized in the fifties and sixties, unfortunatley it ruined the collector value. Made great hunting rifle though! The above value is probably correct in most cases.

Only the 03a4 Sniper originally had a factory bent bolt. Many of these were very nicely sporterized in the fifties and sixties, unfortunatley it ruined the collector value. Made great hunting rifle though! The above value is probably correct in most cases.

All 03s and A303s and A304s had bent bolts in that they were not like a WW I Mauser or Sweed 96. None were "bent" to clear a scope, which is what I meant. The 03A4 had a flat ground in the bolt handle to clear a scope, typically a Weaver 330, Lyman Alaskan or the M82/4 copies of the Alaskan. This 03 USMC sniper clearly shows the flat ground on the handle bolt to clear the 8X Unertl scope. If you want to mount a modern scope low on an 03 you need to reforge or replace the bolt handle as on this RF Sedgley 03 sporter.

1903A1sn.gif

DSCN1812.jpg