• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need help with Meopta customer service

crackerbacks

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2010
SE Michigan
My meopta B1 15x took a dump this weekend during a match, it fogged up and now has double vision. I purchased it 4 years ago from camera land. I messaged Doug Sunday and he was awesome and responded to me the same day recommending I call Eric at meopta and gave he Eric’s phone number. I have call three times and left 2 messages and no response from Eric. Has anyone else tried to use the meopta warranty or another contact number I can try? I used the 1800 number.

Any help would be appreciated

Reactions: NEC012
My meopta B1 15x took a dump this weekend during a match, it fogged up and now has double vision. I purchased it 4 years ago from camera land. I messaged Doug Sunday and he was awesome and responded to me the same day recommending I call Eric at meopta and gave he Eric’s phone number. I have call three times and left 2 messages and no response from Eric. Has anyone else tried to use the meopta warranty or another contact number I can try? I used the 1800 number.

Any help would be appreciated
Eric is the one you will want to wait on as he is here in the US and can get you taken care of quicker than anyone else will be able to.

I reached out to Erik and he replied:

"Hi Doug,
There is a form on Meopta’s website that needs to be filled out to request a return authorization. I pasted a link below and my voicemail message also tells them where to find it on the website:

Returns & repairs – Meopta

Once the customer submits the form I will create the RMA and email them the instructions for and explanation of the return / repair process with Meopta."

I reached out to Erik and he replied:

"Hi Doug,
There is a form on Meopta’s website that needs to be filled out to request a return authorization. I pasted a link below and my voicemail message also tells them where to find it on the website:

Returns & repairs – Meopta

Once the customer submits the form I will create the RMA and email them the instructions for and explanation of the return / repair process with Meopta."
I appreciate the link I still feel that it’s pretty sad that he would ignore calls about a $1500 purchase. That is not the customer service I would expect.

I would like to know if it’s going to be covered before I send it in, with this service I will not be investing in a company that ignores calls anymore.

I appreciate the link I still feel that it’s pretty sad that he would ignore calls about a $1500 purchase. That is not the customer service I would expect.

I would like to know if it’s going to be covered before I send it in, with this service I will not be investing in a company that ignores calls anymore.
How do you figure dude? Virtually every manufacturer now has an online RMA process to help with workflow. It's far easier to capture all the information they need right then and there and have SOPs to ensure timelines and an expedient and complete solution. Most people think the exact opposite, "I filled out the RMA process and got back an immediate confirmation response, I like that!"

Otherwise these people are taking phone calls and asking for serial numbers and model numbers and such that the customer on the phone is not even prepared to give and is taking up valuable time from other customer service issues that may need to be handled.

How do you figure dude? Virtually every manufacturer now has an online RMA process to help with workflow. It's far easier to capture all the information they need right then and there and have SOPs to ensure timelines and an expedient and complete solution. Most people think the exact opposite, "I filled out the RMA process and got back an immediate confirmation response, I like that!"

Otherwise these people are taking phone calls and asking for serial numbers and model numbers and such that the customer on the phone is not even prepared to give and is taking up valuable time from other customer service issues that may need to be handled.

I haven't used Meoptas, but I'm a big fan of Arc'teryx's online RMA process.

You fill out a questionnaire to describe the issue, provide photos, and CS gets back to you in a couple of days in regards to whats entailed for the repair, costs (if any), and detailed instructions on how to return.

He was not out of the office, just ignoring my calls per Doug.
In no way did I suggest or indicate he was ignoring your calls. I have no idea if he's been in the office as I have been on vacation for the last week. I periodically check my e-mails and PM's during vacation and wanted to see what I can do to assist you

Expects - DEMANDS - instant service for a $1500 scope? Puts words into the mouth of one of the most respected vendors on SH? I usually avoid drama here, but whiny OP needs to gbpse as he has no f'ing clue otherwise.