• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Movie Theater Never Cry Wolf 1983

Clark

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2003
WA the everblue state
never_cry_wolf_ver2.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086005/

This is a great movie.
A an over educated city guy is sent alone to sub arctic Alaska or Canada to study wolves.

That does not sound like a plot, but it is, because he must change or die.

Can be watched as adventure, or it can be watched as comedy.

Re: Never Cry Wolf 1983

I watched this on tv once when I was a kid. I could never remember what it was called, then I ran across it in the $4 bin at Walmart and picked it up. Very enjoyable.

They test screened that film at the theater I worked at. At first it didn't test well, so one of the changes made was to replace the lights inside the theater with cool bluish ones - during that screening it tested very well and people commented about how the film made them feel so "cold."
wink.gif

Agreed about the "cold" feel to the movie. Saw it in the theater as a kid, and I was frozen, despite the fact it was 95F outside.

Great movie!!

Thank you for bringing this up, Clark.

The author wrote a memiour of his time as a young man leading up to WW2 & his landing & fighting on Sicily & Italy.

I can't remember the title but it's a good read.

Never Cry Wolf is my favorite movie of all time. Its much deeper than the simple storyline it presents. I think there are a lot of interesting parallels about how our society is not pulling the sick from the herd. Thus the permeation of disease and rising health care costs.

There is always a cost for fucking with nature.....

Good flick, have not seen that in many years...

While I was up there I went over to Dawson city and actually saw Jack London's cabin that he wrote his stories in - it's about as big as my bedroom...