• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

New 10/22 Stock from Boyd's

CamW

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2004
Out West
I saw these at SHOT, they said they would be available in the spring, I guess they weren't kidding!I ordered one, I'll see if they deliver on time.
It's a laminated stock painted black, OD green or tan.Only $79!

9991872.jpg

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=tacticool

Re: New 10/22 Stock from Boyd's

That's what they said at SHOT. The stock I handled had a good solid feel to it.The paint they used is a slightly textured paint, the stock wasn't slippery. If you wanted more texture on the grip and fore end you could do it yourself with bedding compound.

I am guessing that its almost the same exact stock as whats on the Savage TR .22LR only inletted for a Ruger 10/22 as Boyds makes that one for Savage .

crap. i thought i was done building 10/22s and this one pops up. next thing i know, ive got the finished build in my head already. black with one of those lightweight aluminum barrels... hell i wanted to sell my steel ones as soon as i saw the light ones anyway

They need to make that stock for CZ rimfires!!! Thinking about one for my 1022... trying to save money and tricking out a ruger doesnt sound like a good idea.

I couldn't help myself and ordered one as well . I figured the inlet is worth 80 bucks . I am probably gonna install an adjustable LOP and cheekpiece as well as recontour the butt hook into an ACTUAL butt hook .

Got an email from Boyd's ,the stock should arrive on March 25. Too bad I'll be out of town working! I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Passport223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone have a pic with their action in one? </div></div>

They are just starting to ship these so they will probably be arriving later this week . Then we will be posting pictures
wink.gif

Anyone else getting shipping confirmation on these ? I ordered a Tan one and my order still shows as processing . They showed a shipping date when I bought it of March 27th so I am not worried but I started getting excited when I saw a few people posting that they had shipping confirmation .

Mine arrived today. Overall first impressions are pretty good. I like the texture and the weight will work well with the lightweight TacSol barrel.

The fit was a little tighter than my other stock from Boyd's. The gaps between the barrel and forearm uniform.

I sold the optic off this rifle a while back and was using an elcheapo red dot for Steel Challenge. I'm probably going to reverse the roles between this rifle and another 10/22 and go back to an optic now that the stock is here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael N</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the barrel free floated in the stock ? </div></div>

No. It's going to take a little sanding to free float it. When I bought my other stock from them I called and asked about that after it arrived. I got transferred to someone (tech support?) and he said they normally didn't finish/inlet the 10/22 stocks to float b/c of how the barrel attaches to the receiver. With the V block some of the heavier barrels will droop down toward the muzzle if there's nothing there to hold them. I've read where some folks have actually bedded the barrel and floated the receiver on some. Others have threaded the receiver/barrel eliminating the V block. He suggested I shoot it first and see how it did. My other 10/22 w/the Boyd's Dakota Will stock is a tackdriver so I haven't worried about floating it.

I'm going to see how this one does and go from there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mrs.Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they're now selling for $158 </div></div>

Yeah but you can use their crazy coupon code for 50% off which makes them 79 bucks . The coupon code is crzy50 .

Just got a shipping notification, it's not scheduled to get here until 3/29. DLC, how heavy is the stock? I'm going for a trainer with an 18" GM barrel, hoping I can make it heavy like a 'real gun'.

Thanks for pointing this out. Just ordered one.
Now I need a barrel.
Suggestions? This is a trainer and gopher getter, long is good, heavy is fine. What say you that have trick accurate 10/22's what barrel?