• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

new 10/22 Target Tactical

Sgt. 0811

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2005
Aurora, CO
I just picked this up last night. Can't wait to shoot it.

10/22 Target Tactical it came with a shooters ridge bi-pod and of course the base, Hogue stock, heavy barrel and light trigger.
I added the Weaver rings and Burris Rimfire scope (I may switch that to a Fullfield II.

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

Re: new 10/22 Target Tactical

Are you gonna thread the barrel?

For $400-500 you could be shooting subsonic suppressed, and there's just about nothing more fun that 22rf suppressed.

And then you'll want to add a suppressed 22rf pistol.....

(its a disease)

smile.gif

I dropped by a local indoor range yesterday for an hour. Only 50ft range so I didn't bother taking pictures but so far I am really impressed. It put every round threw the same keyhole. AT 50 ft I don't know if it's impressive but I had no outward flyers out of a fifty round box of eley. So far I have to say it's the best rimfire rifle I've ever owned. I'm gonna take it to a hundred yards this weekend and I'll see what it really can do.

The Ruger 10/22 Target & Tacticals are alot better than what most people give them credit for. One of the best .22 rifles for the money. I bought one of the Ruger Hawkeye Tacticals in .223 a week ago but haven't got to shoot it yet. The 2 stage trigger is definitely nice. Can't wait to see how it shoots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Militant83</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice looking gun would love to here more about how well it shoots.. </div></div>

I agree, I'm curious about the trigger.

the ruger is much heavier than the tacsol's . and the trigger is pretty heavy on them. i almost bought one the other day but just couldn't talk myself into another 10-22. the barrel is very heavy. my buddy did buy one though and it's pretty accurate

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STLTAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very Nice, similar to these, less the Tac-Sol barrels,and mag releases.
P1000296.jpg

P1000292.jpg

</div></div>

That is a beautiful .22lr. I'd love to have one of those.

I will be making another batch early next year, If I have enough posts to place an add I will do so here as well as the suppressors for them and other weapons.
Thanks everyone like them.
STL

It's not just that the barrel is heavy, it's that the Hogue is so light. Trip it and get a B&C pattern and it would balance out very well.

I'm thinking those are the same barrels that they use on the 'T' model... if so, they should shoot pretty well.

Almost exact to my gun though I did it myself. I purchased the bull barrel and stock and dropped in a trigger. Teh rubberized stock really is nice in cold and snow. just ordered a 6x42 mil-dot to replace my 3-12 as for the 22lr for hunting I do not want to mess with knobs. I will just work up a hold over chard being zeroed at 50 yds. As I never shoot under 10 yds, the fixed 6x is fine - a good middle of the road magnification.