• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

New AI Chassis?

sbernier123

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2017
Anyone have any idea when the new AI SA (R700 Footprint) chassis (ASR/ACSR) are going to be coming out. Seems like AICS AX SA chassis are out of stock everywhere. Almost like dealers are trying to remove old inventory for new models.....

AI showed a version of the new R700 "ASR" chassis at Shot Show in Jan of this year; I have no idea if there was ever a formal announcement regarding its name, specs, or release date.

Reactions: sbernier123
OR, it's almost like dealers are having a hard time with inventory. Could be caused by the supply problems of covid, and huge demands.
I'd be inclined to agree with you, but I've noticed that several of those models are no longer listed on dealers websites, instead of just showing "out of stock." Take Mile High for example; There is only one AICS AX SA listed (showing out of stock), all other colors/variations are gone.

Reactions: GhostFace
Saw another post on this, but looks like this is the reason you cant find an AICS AX. Kind of a bummer no MLOK, and cant tell by the photos if the rail has an integrated dovetail. 2K price tag is steep.....

It has the integrated RRS dovetail on the forend and the front handguard area. I’m 99.9% sure the ASR is the only way there will be M-Lok on an AI, unless they eventually sell an aftermarket forend with it. AI KeySlot is pretty awesome other than lack of accessories like M-Lok has.

@samb300 You do here a lot of good things about Key Slot. I like the idea of a full length rail along the top. I suppose the old rails will work with the new foreend, which is nice.

Saw another post on this, but looks like this is the reason you cant find an AICS AX. Kind of a bummer no MLOK, and cant tell by the photos if the rail has an integrated dovetail. 2K price tag is steep.....

I gotta say I’m not surprised at the 2k price tag with all the upgrades but.....it’s kinda fugly.

Mlok is gayier than aides...key slot is where it's at. I wish I could run key slot on everything

Did not like the butt stock. I thought i would like the pistol grip but MIGHT be a issue on high angle shots. Im sure some will give be shit hahaha. Go play w one....still a badass chassis.

Last edited:
Did not like the butt stock. I thought i would like the pistol grip but MIGHT be a issue on high angle shots. Im sure some will give be shit hahaha. Go play w one....still a badass chassis.
Interesting. Yeah, Id love to get my hands on one to try. I've always thought the AX chassis were the best looking of any 700 chassis out there. I just finished an action build and need something to drop it in. Certainly a lot of options out there, I just feel like everyone nowadays has an MDT ACC, XLR, MPA, or Impact stock.....

Did they keep the A2 grip forward cant? Or go back to standard A2 grip angle since ergo now makes a vertical grip?
The images on EuroOptic suggest they kept the -10° angle on the grip.

1610313433884.png

Interesting. Yeah, Id love to get my hands on one to try. I've always thought the AX chassis were the best looking of any 700 chassis out there. I just finished an action build and need something to drop it in. Certainly a lot of options out there, I just feel like everyone nowadays has an MDT ACC, XLR, MPA, or Impact stock.....
You see a lot of those because they’re the most common for PRS/NRL matches. An AX chassis does you no favors in competition shooting.

Reactions: rydah