• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

New Barrel?

Warowl

Minuteman
Feb 12, 2017
Howdy folks, doing a build on a Colt ar15a4. I know there are better ways, just don't it my own.

Looking to make an spr build, was planning on using its 20" barrel, totally forgot(my first build in 5 years) that there are cuts in the barrel for the front sight pins, obviously don't want those. I'm not necessarily looking to make a clone either.

Trying to use this opportunity to get a better barrel while I have everything disassembled. I have tried to read through here and ar forums, found that most of what I read was out of date on where to get a solid barrel, not sure what is true. Looked into CLE too find they don't sell to civilians, WOA had some bad reviews from what I read(maybe a bad batch?), and Rainier was not where it's at?

Looking for 18", should it be a 1/7 twist?

Thanks,

WOA is a great place to buy, I own 3 of their uppers and they are tack drivers. Yes 1/7 is great for longer bullets, anywhere from 1/7-1/8 are great. you could look at Craddock RTR barrels as well.