• We're Extending The Deal: Get 30% Off Your Sub With Code HIDE30

We're only offering the deal for another 24 hours!

Subscribe

New Build advice

CANESFAN

One of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2018
South MS
Kicking around the idea of doing a build in 7-08 for the wife. Mainly hunting whitetail, hogs, yotes, etc... but she is also showing an interest in shooting these days and going with me sitting behind my 6.5CM. Most of the time shooting steel and paper out to about 600 or so. I am thinking a Defiance Ruckus in Medium length action and pairing it with a Proof Carbon 22" 1:8.4 twist and slapping it into a lightweight adjustable carbon stock.

I was hoping to get some feedback from you guys on my choices. Also don't quite know what final coating to go on this rig when done or to just get the action in black nitride when I order it and leave the proof as is. Still in the planning phases of this for now but I don't want it to be too damn heavy for her to carry in the deer woods.

Thanks in advance.

Roger that. I was looking at the Ruckus due to the integral recoil lug and scope rail options more than anything. And was looking at the Medium Action option for Longer mag/bullet lengths. All of my R700 and clones that I own now are all BDL floorplates and internal magazine length has VLD seating depths limited.

So, Classic Short Action with Wyatt's or AI Cut? @Supersubes

And thank you for your input.