• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

New CM-2 (PICs)

HotIce

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2006
USA
I was looking for a trainer to equip with target sights.
After considering various options (Savage, CZ, Anschutz), I decided to get a new CM-2 from MTGuns.
For $600 shipped I got a very well build rifle, as strong as a fence post
wink.gif

Comes with cleaning kit, cleaning rod (looong), front sight inserts, different read sight apertures, and a leather sling.
I was pleasantly surprised by fit and finish actually. The wood is really nice too, and this comes from someone that hates wood in a rifle
grin.gif

If it shoots straight as it should, I consider this is very good buy for the money.

cimg0498b.jpg

cimg0499j.jpg

cimg0500z.jpg

cimg0501wf.jpg

cimg0502i.jpg

cimg0503p.jpg

cimg0504t.jpg

cimg0505g.jpg

cimg0506.jpg

cimg0507h.jpg

PICs are not that good, sorry. I suck at it, and the camera (not mine - as I don't own one) is pretty crappy too.
Rifle looks quite better than it shows in the PICs.

Re: New CM-2 (PICs)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Imurhuckleberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great rifle, money well spent. Can you tell me if those sights have enough elevation to 200 yds? And of course we would like a range report. </div></div>
There looks to be plenty of elevation adjustment AFAICS.
As for the range report, this will have to wait a little, since tomorrow I'll have to have a little surgery.
I'm pretty confident it'll be a shooter though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Koganinja</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mac, Bruce and Paul are a nice bunch of guys. I go over there every other day to look around and see what I can get for myself.
smile.gif
</div></div>
I talked with Bruce. Great guy to deal with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Imurhuckleberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great rifle, money well spent. Can you tell me if those sights have enough elevation to 200 yds? And of course we would like a range report. </div></div>
I went anyway, but I didn't stay long since the stitches on my back were bothering me.
I also forgot the Wolf ME at home, and that was a good thing, since it showed me my CM-2 shoot pretty well even with a $<span style="text-decoration: line-through"><span style="color: #FF0000">3.00</span></span>3.6/box Aguila ammo. Nice news for the pocket
smile.gif

This rifle is REALLY accurate, because this is very likely an ammo limit.

10 rounds group ...

cimg0512j.jpg

20 rounds group ...

cimg0513j.jpg

10 rounds group ...

cimg0514w.jpg

The Izmash CM-2 and Biathlon rifles are great guns for the money IMHO. There is also a guy here in the USA working on producing an SV-99 stock for them as well which should be a good addition to the line up.