New Guy from Auburn Alabama

Welcome. I'm from the Calera area. When I get back from my deployment I am trying to find somewhere to shoot longer distances too. If I find anywhere around your area then I will let you know. I have some property in Chambers Co that I like to shoot at but I don't have anything set up for over 300yds yet.

Dave

You'll find quite a few AL shooter here at the hide. And there's a few places not far away to shoot. Not sure of getting the .338 LM in any of the local matches and the 300 wby is maybe pushing the envelope also cause of damage to the steel. Most ranges are asking for .300 min mag and no higher with velocities no higher than 3000 fps. This is just to keep the steel safe and non damaged. You can look up Docb here on the hide. He's down your way and holds the info on the Hardrock matches over at Society Hill. I'm sure there a few more closer but BGTC (Brock's Gap Training Center)in Hoover, AL holds matches of all sorts each month for long range to cowboy action, QCB type stuff just google then.

Welcome,
Ken

Welcome to the Hide!! Since you announced that you are from Auburn please be prepared to hear a barrage of "Roll Tide" crap on here. If that in fact bothers you I suggest you contact Beenjamin on here as he has become pretty well seasoned at getting ragged about being an Auburn fan.

At this point until there is something to shove back down their throats, I have become quite the introvert. Albeit that day WILL come, just not exactly sure when.

Cheers bro!!!