• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

New guy starting out.

AllanYork

Private
Minuteman
Sep 22, 2010
Hey all, new here. Just thought id post what i am getting and see what you guys think of it. I have been hunting for a few years for deer where i live and have used an M1 carbine and then a .30-.30. I just recently sold my .30-.30 and am going to buy a new rifle. I have been doing alot of research and i know that I would like to do some target shooting when i am not hunting. So i am making a hunting/target rifle. Sence i am new i thought i would start out low end. I am looking at getting a Savage 10 fcp-k in .308, i already bought a Nikon Buckmasters 3x9 40mm. I figured that was a good in between scope. I am looking to put some butler creek scope covers on it, weaver tactical rings, and weaver top mount aluminum base. I think i want a bipod that i can remove on the fly for hunting applications, know of any? I see some people duracoat there barrels and stocks. How is that done?
Anyway what do you guys think? i hope to hear everyones opinions.
Thanks

Re: New guy starting out.

Welcome to the hide.
I run a Savage as well. Target/hunting at a resonable price.
As for the Duracoat, you just strip the rifle down, degrease, blast and apply the coating with an airbrush or small spray gun.