• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

New Kestral...

If you are talking about the 5700, I've got one, it's not all that. If you only have a couple of rifles and spend the extra money for the profile loader so you can use your desktop, it's OK. The main issue I have with the Kestrel as a ballistic computer is the screen/user interface. It's pretty pathetic, given the small screen and limited keys it needs a LOT of button pushing and memorizing the menu structure to get to where you want to go. The solutions are fine, it's not the software, it's the device itself. It's fantastic for weather info, pretty bad for a computer. The upside is it's small, light and you need a weather station anyway.

Whos got one and whats your take?

I have a 5700 AB and I love it! Some of the best gear money I have spent. It is simple to use and you can upload gun profiles directly from your iPhone or android via Bluetooth .

It's a mil-spec piece of gear that is meant to be used in the field. One of the best features is the wind vane. With that you can set it up on a tripod and get your come-ups on your phone within Bluetooth range. This is nice if you have changing winds you want real-time data.

My only complaint is the BT disconnecting when you leave the app. Hoping they will go back to the option of leaving it connected in future updates....