New Long Range Event this summer in South Texas

G

wallaTXPrivate
Rating: 0.0/5 this site
4 posts this site
New Long Range Event this summer in South Texas
Tuesday at 9:02 PM

Just secured a ranch that will host the worlds longest shot challenge, targets from 1000 yards out past 2.5 miles, will have targets set up to break the world record and beyond. I created a Facebook page to track the information, still in the infancy stages. The ranch has lodging to sleep over 120 people on site along with a huge outdoor covered patio. This will be a new event feel free to message me if you have any questions.

facebook.com/Worlds-Longest-Shot-Challenge-646715345535539

Rate now:
TripleBullX8 MONTHS
Premium Member
Sergeant
Rating: 3.4/5 this site
257 posts this site
Re: New Long Range Event this summer in South Texas
Wednesday at 8:51 AM

July in south Texas... I predict warm weather and mucho mirage.

Rate now:
wallaTXPrivate
Rating: 0.0/5 this site
4 posts this site
Re: New Long Range Event this summer in South Texas
Yesterday at 1:10 PM

Warm weather is good, the mirage adds in real life scenarios. The shots past 2 miles will be shot before the heat of the day each day.

Targets at 1000 each 1k to 5k

This ranch is 20 minutes from Hondo Texas. Working out the details for lodging prices with the ranch owners this week. Will have everything up in the next couple weeks.

I'll have to keep this on the radar. Might be a good time to see what I and the HTI 375CT can dish out. I'm around North Austin, so the drive wouldn't be that bad for me.

I went to the Facebook page, against all my better judgement, and didn't see the price for competition/spectators, match format, etc? Kudos for tackling something of this magnitude on a relatively short time frame, I hope it's a massive success.

Great, thanks. I've got a cross country move coming up that's likely to make shooting it impossible, but it may be a fun trip to bring the lady to check out.

Selected the date before summer officially begins, picked this date so its not during the middle of the summer months, and not during any hunting seasons.

Match program.
Each team one shooter and up to 2 spotters for the event is $1000
This includes lodging and meals for the team for 3 nights and 4 days.

Attachments

• match program.docx
    15.5 KB · Views: 20
Can I go watch? I have never done a long range event and would love to see how they are done. I don't need lodging or food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes sir non shooting spectators are free, I am offering the long range experience rifles for individuals to shoot 1000 yards and a mile. Details are posted on the Facebook page. Very thankful for our sponsors for making this opportunity possible.
The 1000 yard experience is $20 for 5 shots
The mile experience is $50 for 5 shots
Vendor row shooting pass is $50
VIP package includes all the above is $100

Sponsors:
Texas Custom Rifles
Big Horn Arms
Stiller Precision
Athlon Optics
Manners Composite Stocks
Gallant Bullets
Peterson Cartridge Company
Silver T Targets
Sarge's Shooting Bags
Sons of Liberty Gunworks

Last edited:
If you want to come shoot in the competition sure, but for this event the only allowed rifles in are competitors and the vendors. I can schedule you to come out to the range and shoot if you want? The big range first target is a mile with targets out to 4900 yards.