• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

New member from El Paso TX

NIckGarner

Private
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2017
I have lurked here quite a bit leading up to buying my first precision rifle and scope. I have AR15s, M1a's, and pistols and finally decided to get into more precision shooting.

I spent 22 years in the Army as an Infantryman and had only fired US small arms, machine guns, and the 25mm chain gun in a Bradley Fighting vehicle. Out side of the optics in a Bradley I have only used the M68 sight on an M4 carbine. So my knowledge of shooting a bolt gun using a scope is limited to what i have read here. Luckily I live less than 10 minutes from the Fort Bliss Rod and Gun Club.

I purchased a Ruger RPR in 6.5 Creedmore and an Athlon Ares BTR 4.5-27×50.

So far so good, I look forward to some range time and learning to shoot longer distances.

Nick

Nick:

Welcome to SH and there are lots of opportunities to shoot in the El Paso area. Shoot 1000 yd BR matches at FB the second Saturday of each month and there is a PRS style match the first Saturday of each month at FB as well. There are very competitive precision matched held twice monthly in Albuquerque. If you need additional information please feel free to send me a PM.