New member seeking help JP LRP-07

Rmudd2203

Private
Minuteman
Sep 27, 2024
STL MO
Hello all. I was unfortunately fortunate enough to inherit multiple long range / bench rest guns along with reloading equipment etc. In the last 8 months I have familiarized myself with these guns, reloading equipment and long range shooting in general. My question involves two of the guns I have inherited. The first is a DPMS varmint heavy barrel upper in .223, Aero lower that I built with a Daniel Horner timney trigger, the scope is a leupold VX-III 8.5-25. I can put really solid groups together with this rifle. my best group being a 1.5 inch group at 220 yards. so far it has liked almost all the ammo that I have made and put through it. It is just a pleasure to shoot. It is also worth noting that this gun has a junky stock on it right now as i havnt had the time to buy and install a PRS lite which i plan for this gun. The second gun I inherited was a JP Enterprises LRP-07 in .308. This gun has a vortex razor HD 4.5-27 with a Calvin elite trigger that i installed. when I got the gun it had the factory roller trigger. I for the life of me cannot shoot this gun worth a crap with either trigger. I realize that this JP rife is many times better than my DPMS upper however I have trouble getting a 5 shot group to stay within an 8 inch target paper at 220. And even then the groups don't ever show much of a pattern that I could make zero adjustments off of. I have watched many videos about long distance shooting and believe I have an understanding of proper technique. I inherited other bolt guns in .308 and 22-250 which recoil similar if not more than the JP rifle and I shoot those fine. And the previous owner of this JP rifle could stack shots at 220 yards. I have tried many different loads through this rifle from 115 grain all the way up to 170 grain. Before I resort to paying for a professional lesson I was wondering if there is anything this group could offer to me that I might have missed. guns will be pictured, they are the top two. Thanks all for your time!

Attachments

• IMG_7687.jpg
    IMG_7687.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
Reactions: SD3Gunner