• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

New Remington .308

svltrack

Private
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2011
Yuppyville, PA
Hello all.. this is my first post. So far th forum looks awesome!

I am not a new shooter by any means but recently had the urge to get into the bolt-action stuff..

So I got myself a new Remington .308 Tactical Heavy Barrel Rifle and need to set it up with some goodies. Thinking about a MK4 10x, harris and would also like to set it up with a detachable magazine setup.

Which mount & rings are good work horses but not overpriced? Which setup is recommended to do the mag conversion?

Please forgive me for asking this as I am sure it has been covered but I would like the latest information on these.

Any other "must have's" that I am missing to really have some fun?

Thanks!

Re: New Remington .308

Seekins or Badger for rings and bases

Many mag conversions but you'll have to get the stock modified as well.

You need ammo to have fun with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: svltrack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">H.....Thinking about a MK4 10x, harris and would also like to set it up with a detachable magazine setup.

Which mount & rings are good work horses but not overpriced? Which setup is recommended to do the mag conversion?...

Thanks! </div></div>

On the scope look for a reticle that matches the turret adjustments. I did on my Nightforce. It makes so much sense now I do not like my other scopes where they do not match..

I have Seekins rail and rings. High quality and they have a special going on with their new web site: http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2685984#Post2685984

YMMV

-Agreed on badger for the rings.
-On the scope I would reco more than 10x
-Mk4 are good as are several others which you will prob get feedback on (Vortex, etc)

Good luck!

Any other "must have's" that I am missing to really have some fun?

Bullets! Lots and lots of bullets! Who gives an F what your rifle looks like if you can't shoot it!

Thanks all for the help.

I ordered up a Badger base & harris today. Going to throw on a higher power scope I have for the time being to see what it will do and take it through the break-in.

The trigger feels pretty good and maybe a touch on the soft side.

I am sure it will show me how much room I have to improve..