• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

new remington 40x b heavy barrel 22lr build goin up

donniedee512

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
May 7, 2017
just scored a Remington 40x b heavy barrel from a guy local it came from CMP and he bought it and its been in his safe since 2004.

stocks alittle dinged but metal blue is perfect came with Redfield international peeps set with inserts, im looking to add a m24 hs precision stock or a pss stock what scopes are you guys using? was thinking about a used leuopold nightforce or us optics? pics soon

pics as promised, thinking of leaving it in its orig walnut stock, after refinishing it and adding bipod with us optics, nightforce scope? thoughts?

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_6498.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_6498.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 255
  • thumbnail_IMG_6499.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_6499.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 269
  • thumbnail_IMG_6500.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_6500.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 259
pics as promised, thinking of leaving it in its orig walnut stock, after refinishing it and adding bipod with us optics, nightforce scope? thoughts?

I don't see how you could go wrong with any of these - they're all top-quality scopes. I'd rate the US Optics at the top, with the Nightforce in the middle and the Leupold in a close 3rd. But the gap is narrow and you pay more for USO or NF. You might also want to look at Sightron if you haven't already done so. They make really good scopes at a (relatively) modest price.

Please don’t bubba such a nice example. I’d be happy to trade you my 40xb-hb that’s been pieced up from one of the CMP stripped actions.

But if no permanent modifications are made, no harm. My USMC marked 40x wears a set of 20moa NF bases :)

Last edited:
I'd go to sightron on the scope. I put an sII big sky 6-24x42 on my .22 for the winter because we have an indoor 50' range. Sightron is the only reasonably priced optic I've found with great clear glass and 10 yard parallax. 1/8th moa target dot and 1/8th moa turrets are great for precision at set distance too.

I say this thinking you'll not be doing nrl/prs matches with a single shot. I swap to a sig tango 4 with the dev-l mil for nrl in the summer as holds are necessary and I could never dial the sightron fast enough.

Reactions: crackerbrown
just scored a Remington 40x b heavy barrel from a guy local it came from CMP and he bought it and its been in his safe since 2004.

stocks alittle dinged but metal blue is perfect came with Redfield international peeps set with inserts, im looking to add a m24 hs precision stock or a pss stock what scopes are you guys using? was thinking about a used leuopold nightforce or us optics? pics soon

I have three take-off 40X stocks that are in really good shape and completely unmolested. If you want to stick with something original you’re welcome to take your pick and I’ll ship one or all to you.

MB

I put mine in a M40 style police stock , the glass is Weaver T24 . It will consistently punch the same hole @50 M . It will out shoot the shooter any day .i have tried many big dollar ammo choices in mine . The favorite for me in my rifle is cheap CCI SV . Good Luck with your build . You have one of America’s finest , built and assembled by an American , working to feed his family .

Reactions: Topstrap
I just picked up two 40X rifles, both U.S. marked. One is the older variant built around the 722 action, and the other is built around the 700 action. Both come with full set of Redfield sights, Olympic for the older 722 based rifle, and International Match for the 700 based rifle. I paid just under $1300ea for these rifles. I do not plan to ever mod these rifles, but expect to shoot them as they were designed to be shot.