• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

New Rifle on the Way!!!

RazrRebel

Private
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2009
Well I pulled the trigger on a new Savage Mark II FV today. It should be here Wednesday. I paid 189.00 total, plus a brick of Wolf MT for 43.50. I hope this was a good deal. My friend has his dealers license and he ordered it for me. Where does everybody get their scope base. I would really prefer a one piece unit. Optics will have to come when I get additional funds. I have a Burris Fullfield II 3x9 I'll probably stick on there until I get what I want. Any suggestions on a base?

Re: New Rifle on the Way!!!

Thanks for the link. I hope to change the stock right away. I've found that if I buy a new rifle I generally start shooting and usually don't take too much time for upgrades. I have a Savage tactical in 308 and all I do is shoot it. It's completely stock with a BSA 8x32 scope. I know the scope is really cheap but it gets the job done. I'm going to try to build this 22 up a little at a time. Hopefully when it gets done I'll start building up my 308. Thanks for the link.