• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

New SCAR Charging Handle

shipwreck

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2011
TEXAS
There are several different SCAR charging handles around to replace the factory one. With my Mepro 21 reflex sight, I have sorta the same problem that people with an Eotech have... Its so easy to bang your hand on the optics mounting area while using the charging handle.

I looked at all the various ones for a while, and I really figured I'd go with the IWC charging handle. However, I had a lot of free Amazon credit card points. Only the GG&G charging handle was for sale on Amazon. It was my second choice, and I figured I'd give it a shot, since it technically costs me no money to use the amazon points. And, if I didn't like it, I could always sell it and get the IWC one.

Well, I got it in on yesterday and it installs very easily. After playing around with it for a while on the gun, I am very happy with it. It has the same overall shape of the factory handle - just at a downward angle.

There are tons of reviews that promote one particular handle, and have negative things to say about the others. I've read both outlooks about the GG&G one. After using it now, I think I made the right choice. I haven't actually used the IWC one - but from looking at the photos of it some more, I think the GG&G was the way to go for me afterall.

Anyway - a few photos:

scarhandle1_zpsabcf5740.jpg~original

scarhandle3_zps5ef081d6.jpg~original

scarhandle2_zps80fa68e8.jpg~original

scarhandle4_zps558eeb7e.jpg~original

Correct, it is just a new charging handle itself. It is not that entire non reciprocating assembly. And, I like the gun the way it is. I wouldn't buy that entire non reciprocating assembly.

I even saw a post yesterday on another forum about a guy already having an issue with a part bending or something with it.

It's not really extended, just angled downwards.

This is the non-reciprocating one:
SCAR Non-Reciprocating Charging Mechanism

Thanks for sharing that link, never even knew these existed.

OP, I use the EACH charging handle on mine. I like it, but truth is, I just bought it to be one of the cool kids. In reality I never really had any problems with the original handle.